Wednesday, June 2, 2021

What Are You Watching On Television?

 Did you watch the Friends Reunion?
I did, even though the show was never a big part of my life.
If I am to be truthful, I have probably only watched a handful of episodes.
Life was busy during those years, kids, work, kids, work!

The Reunion was excellent...
it was so cool to see them pick up right where they left off.
The camaraderie between these 6 people is really unparalleled.

The Social Dilemma 
I may have mentioned this one before.
An excellent documentary 
about social media and the impact it is having on our lives.
Watch the first half if you are interested,
the second half is a bit repetitive 
but the basic premise of the show is excellent!

What the "Health"
Another documentary about the foods we are eating, 
the pharmaceutical companies,
and the medications we are putting in to our bodies.

Now, two good movies...

Love Happens
A cute, super refreshing love story...watch it if you get a chance.

And I saved the best show for last...

Hachi: A Dog's Tale
This movie is an awesome true story.
Grab a box of tissues and a bowl of popcorn, 
Hachi loves popcorn and plan to become a fountain of water and snot. 

If you have watched a favorite, share it in the comments, please...
we really enjoy a good flick at night!

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I have only seen one of these shows, thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!

DeniseinVA said...

The two documentaries you mentioned sound very interesting. I will make a note of them all (love story and doggy tale also) and watch them this week. Thanks Debbie. I haven’t got any good recommends for you, sorry. If I find something I will come back and let you know.

Lowcarb team member said...

We don't watch a lot of television, so sorry haven't got any recommendations.

Have a happy Wednesday.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

Mare of Easttown was good. I love a good mystery

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am not hooked up to TV, although I do have a TV. I am not much of a tv watcher.

The Padre said...

Sending Lots Of Love - Missed The Friends Reunion - The Dog Flick Looks Like A Heart String Puller - Yikes - Really Enjoy Yesterdays Post

Cheers

Angie said...

Debbie - thanks for the tips. I usually have only half an eyeball on the TV while I am busy doing something else. But recently hubby and I watched a series called Mare of Easttown - gripping and heartwrenching. And just last night we started a new series called Grace - also a crime drama - it is off at a rapid clip, which we like. (Can you tell we like crime dramas?)

Conniecrafter said...

We don't have HBO max so we can't watch it, I am hoping a few years down the road they will have it on something we do have. I will have to check if the other things we can get on the platforms we have :)
We have been so busy redoing our deck that we are both in total pain and exhausted by the end of the day so haven't been watching much tv as of late.

Ruth S said...

I saw the movie about the loyal dog and could never watch it a second time, it was so emotional.

LeAnn said...

I loved reading your thoughts on this one. The documentaries sound good. Social Media is a dilemma for sure, along with health issues We are blessed with modern day medications for sure. What I hate most insurance plans won't pay for certain medications and especially new ones are very expensive. I think that is kind of sad. Only the rich can afford the better ones.
I loved the movie suggestion. I haven't seen the first one. I'm always up for a new romantic movie. We did watch Hachi and i remember using a ton of Kleenex.
We have been watching older movies of the 50's and 60's which have been fun.
Sending hugs!

Debbie said...

oooooh ruth, right!!! i thought it was a great movie, even though i shed a lot of tears. best movie i have seen in forever!!