Thursday, June 3, 2021

How's The Garden Growing

 The Vegetable Garden is finally presentable.
I went outside to take pictures and I was as proud as a peacock!
I pulled a few weeds, took all of the helicopters out, fluffed it up perfectly
and took some pictures.


Here it is, 2 raised VegTrug's 



Cucumbers, Squash, Garlic and D
ill for my butterflies in the front.

I bought the Red Pepper Plant at a local garden center.

Tomato's 
 some are the ones I started with seeds, 
I purchased 3 plants at my local garden center.


Lettuce and Carrots

Garlic

These are my Tomatoes



This is a slice of a Tomato I planted.
If you go for lunch and don't eat all of your tomato slices,
bring them home and plant them,
they will grow into a beautiful tomato plant!

After...
the rains came, and you have never in your life seen rains like these.
Rain and wind, 
I was certain my perfectly beautiful gardens were going to blow or float away!

The rain lasted for 3 days...
Let's forget about the garden for a minute and talk about
all of the out-of-towners that still came for Memorial Day Weekend by the shore
 and then had no where to go.
The traffic in town was horrendous...
so we, the people who live here, 
had to stay at home because navigating the traffic was impossible.

I kept busy...more on that this week.

Back to the garden, it did not float or blow away!

Are you guys growing a garden? What's in it?

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your veggie gardens are looking great. We have planted a few cherry tomatoes, they are growing really well.
I can imagine the traffic is horrible near the beaches! I see it is raining here today. Have a happy Thursday!

DeniseinVA said...

That all looks fantastic Debbie and what a great way to grow your own veggies. I never knew that about planting sliced tomatoes. Thank you for this great tip! The weather must have been awful. We had a lot of rain for a few days but not as bad as yours. Having once lived near the seaside many, many years ago, I remember how it used to be. So glad your garden did not float away😊🌽🍅🌽😊

DeniseinVA said...

That all looks fantastic Debbie and what a great way to grow your own veggies. I never knew that about planting sliced tomatoes. Thank you for this great tip! The weather must have been awful. We had a lot of rain for a few days but not as bad as yours. Having once lived near the seaside many, many years ago, I remember how it used to be. So glad your garden did not float away😊🌽🍅🌽😊

Changes in the wind said...

All designed and cared for perfectly. Raised beds surely make weed pulling easier and able to keep a good eye out for bugs.

Marie Smith said...

How convenient to have the garden on the deck. I have a raised bed in the back yard but not as high as yours is. We don’t have plants bought yet. We’ll do that tomorrow.

The weather is extreme these days. I fear for what the next generation will have to contend with.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We don't have one here but something like this would work well in our courtyard! Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your garden does look good in your photographs.
Sorry to read about your very bad weather, so pleased your garden did not float away!

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Always growing a garden, Debbie, but as it is winter there's nothing to write home to mother about at the moment. =) Your veggies are looking great. And after all that rain you are going to having a bountiful harvest of yummy produce. Now for the warm sun to make them grow. Those raised beds are such a great idea; easy to maintain.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a very tidy garden! Ours is doing well too. And we know all about those crowds of weekenders!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your garden looks amazing. That kind of garden I might consider. This year is not a good year for gardens or flowers, as we are in a severe drought.

Betty said...

WOW, I love your garden beds. I have raised ones in the yard with tomatoes, peppers, green beans, cucumber, and zucchini. I will have to remember about your raised beds for our next house.

Conniecrafter said...

I would say it is looking fantastic that's for sure and you have a great variety of things too. I did see on TV that you all were getting a bit of rain but I am sure people were just happy to get out of the house and see somewhere different. Since my foot was all messed up and we are totally rebuilding our deck ourselves (can't tell you how achy my body is) all we did is plant one green pepper and one tomato plant this year.

LeAnn said...

You have always been my inspiration for a garden. This one looks amazing. I'm going to try the tomato slice idea.
I'm so happy your garden didn't blow away. We need rain badly here. We are in a drought.
We would like to plant a few things, but not as much due to the drought and also because my husband has been busy with a big assignment at the temple.
Blessings and Hugs!

21 Wits said...

Beautiful and so amazing already. Your plantings like this actually promoted me to follow suit somewhat too! This year though I'm planting some special growths just for my wild bunnies!

Brian King said...

Looking good! Ours is still doing okay so I hope it continues.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your trugs look great. Hubby has his green house on the go with cucumbers, tomatoes, cucamelons, pumpkins and jalapenos. They're all doing well so far but who knows with the British weather?