Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Keeping Busy ~ Making Cards

 I am a greeting card person.
I send cards to all of my family and friends for birthdays and anniversaries. 
I'm not sure why it has always been important to me, 
perhaps because I love cards and would rather receive a card over a gift.
The joy starts at the mailbox,
 it is evident there is a card among the bills, especially if the envelope is colored.
The excitement builds and I usually start opening the envelope as I walk up the driveway.

So long story even longer, I joined a card making subscription

Three monthly kits accumulated before I had time to sit down and enjoy them.

I loved this first kit, everything you need is included...

 I loved the papers and the colors.


The directions were easy to follow,


and all of the cards had "pop" or dimension. 


I made eight cards so far, one thank you note I already mailed!

The second kit has Birthday Cards, I made these two "shaker cards" for Addie and Lorelei,
they both have birthday's coming up!

One sweet footnote to this story...
 my youngest son Michael sends me two cards for every special occasion.
One funny and one serious, 
I am not sure where he developed that habit, but I love it!!

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your son knows his Mama well I’d say!

Jean said...

I love all the cards you made! I'm just like you, I am always sending out Birthday cards, Anniversary cards, or Thank You's! I'm nicknamed the Sunshine lady at my Church because of all the cards I send out. I will have to check out that kit - such beautiful cards! Stay well and happy. Hi to Chuck!

Black Knight said...

You made very beautiful cards. I also love the "old and beautiful" paper!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Debbie these are gorgeous, I too love the papers and the colors. I send birthday cards because I think it is such a special day when that person came into the world that it has to be celebrated. I am sure that all who receive them will be just thrilled to get one of your handmade creations and so neat that you will be getting them every month to play with!! The green and yellow combo is so great for this time of year and you know the kids are going to love those shakers :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Your cards look so cute, you did a great job. It looks fun too. Take care, enjoy your day!

Rian said...

I like your cards too, Debbie. I spend a lot of time finding the right card to send. Some cards say too little, others way to much. Finding a card that says what you need to say isn't easy. So I guess making them is a good idea. But not sure I can squeeze another craft into my life.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! You are such a talented lady.

Linda said...

I love that about your son!!! He obviously caught YOUR love for cards!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoy sending and receiving cards ...
These look very nice.

All the best Jan

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your cards look fabulous and I love the idea of two cards for every occasion.