Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Rhinebeck, The Adventure Starts

If you didn't read yesterday's post, you really should read yesterday's post,
click here to get up to speed.
The trip started Friday, the festival on Saturday,
Welcome to Saturday at 
The Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival

Here's Leanne, the girl who taught me how to knit.
Saturday started with a "steeking" party.
Steek is an old Scottish word 
that refers to a specific group of stitches that are for future cutting.
You can see that Leanne's sweater looks like a pullover.
Liz "cut" the center stitches at the party and the sweater became a cardigan,
what it was always meant to be.
I don't have an after picture * sigh *, I was too busy cheering!
I don't know why anyone would do this, Leanne and Liz, much more adventuresome than I.

This huge banner was in the barn you enter through.
Me, with my two favorite peeps, Liz on the left, Leanne on the right.
Leanne designed the logo we are standing in front of...in case you didn't know!

Now I will take you through the festival.
There are a lot of pictures...
I decided to photograph "a few of my favorite things"
that went down the toilet as soon as I walked in to the first barn,
I LOVED everything!!


















This artist was so talented, his art was amazing!





My friend Joan there,
an amazing woman who really took me under her wing!



The trees were gorgeous!






One of several parking lot's, 
the place was packed, I heard they broke their own record of attendee's.

Riding home to the airbnb, I always looked for the red bridge.

The day ended with this beautiful sunset 
and this view from the back of the home where we were staying.
To say that I am lucky is a huge under statement.
And remember, there's still Sunday and the Leaping Lama's!

17 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Honey! What a marvelous time you had! I watched the video of cutting the stitches you posted on Facebook. Amazing.
I love how you love knitting! And I love the paintings! Your photos made me feel like I was right there with you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Fun, Fun, Fun. Even for someone like me who no longer does knitting it looks fascinating.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, there is so much to see there, I would enjoy being there and I do not knit. The scarves, sweaters, yarn and colors all look beautiful. I love the cute sheep ornaments and art work. I enjoyed the post and photos. Enjoy your day!

italiafinlandia said...

Oh My! I believe you enjoyed there! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Simply fabulous, so much to see and the colours everywhere, so amazing.
What a great time you are having / had and still more to come!

All the best Jan

21 Wits said...

Oh my how wonderful and I know you were in your element! What fun, and so much gala to follow along with yarn and those delightful sheep ornaments and all the whimsy artwork too! Thanks for giving us the next best to being there show!

Sue (this n that) said...

fabulous photos of all the action Debbie! Love them all too and I can certainly see the attraction --- oooh what a great festival. All that gorgeous wool, and the artworks - really wonderful to see it all through your eyes.

BeachGypsy said...

Oh my gosh what an AMAZING FESTIVAL/ EVENT!! I've never seen so much yarn in one place........and all the COLORS! love the pictures of the colorful trees as well. It looks like so much fun and my gosh......VERY WELL attended!! So many people. I love that yard covered swing in the previous post too......so pretty, great place for pictures. Love your friend's sign/logo---she did a great job! All the ladies you're with are gorgeous and look like everybody had such a fun time and oh gosh!!!---love that one lady's patchwork pocketbook!!! That bridge is so neat, there are alot of bridges like that where I come from, I love them and making pictures of them. And you talking about that hamburger at Buns.....that has got me hungry.........

Marie Smith said...

So many beautiful things to see. The colours are amazing from the trees to the products. And that blue sky...

Louca por porcelana said...

Fantastic!I would love be there!Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like a great wool festival!

Love Affair with Food said...

These all the photos are so stunning.

Brian King said...

I don't know diddly-squat about wool, yarn, or knitting, but it looks like a great event for those that do! The setting was certainly gorgeous! Beautiful trees!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

In Texas there's a law...you must wear boots with a hat.

Leanne Coppola said...

THE BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how fun, I bet it was hard not to walk out of there with your hands full of all kinds of goodies. If you are anything like me at a scrapbook convention your heart rate increases just stepping into the place and seeing all the goodies there to feast your eyes on. How great to have it this time of year when all the leaves are changing too :) Love the old bridge, and what a pretty way to end a perfect day!!

Karen Lakis said...

Look at all those beautiful yarns! I’ve never heard of steeking (not sure if I spelled that correctly) - I think I’d be scared of ruining all that work!