Monday, July 1, 2019

A New Bath For The Birds

I found this on Pinterest and have been wanting to make it forever!!
With a little a lot of help from the hubs, we he made it happen.
Do you get credit for the idea??
Oh wait, I found the idea on Pinterest...

here is a blurred picture of what you will need...
having a handy hubs as well helps a lot!

If you are interested in making this, 
complete instructions can be found here, on Pinterest!
We put our own spin on it!

This will be a great use for these old pots that have been 
sitting around for years, 
and it just so happen I had both of the pots I needed.

They all needed scrubbing...

Once dry, we used Valspar spray paint to paint them, I wanted yellow.
I thought purple would be too dark.

Each piece took 3 coats of paint.


We used stone to fill the bottom, then potting soil at the top.


The second piece was also filled with stone,
to accommodate the dish so as to make it a bird bath.

Potting soil all the way around the top of the bottom pot, 
then I planted Vinca's in the soil.

Front view...

and the top, it is a small bird bath for the birds...
or just something pretty for me to look at!

19 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Now that is just too darn cute. Thanks Hubs for helping her make it happen. I love it.

Lori said...

What an adorable bird bath! Love the color!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

awwwwww ♥

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Be sure to let us know how the birds respond to it.

Linda said...

Super cool and clever and praise for your hubs to help you do this!! I probably have all the stuff to make this myself.....when the backyard is no longer under construction! Oh, wait! I have ponds in the back yard but I could make this for the front yard!! Win! WIN!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Super cute!Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's very cute.Let us know if it works well.

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks great Debbie, (well done hubs), I'm sure the birds will like it.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

It looks great, Debbie. You need a purple one too.

Pam said...

Oh...I like that. Love the color you painted it.

BeachGypsy said...

I absolutely LOVE THIS IDEA!!---this is so pretty! Y'all did a great job and it's so cute I would want to make more and just think of the fun color combinations you can come up with. I cant wait to show this to Mr. Front Porch tomorrow.

Kim said...

What a fabulous planter/bird bath and the colour is fabulous; so bright and happy. The birds are going to be so happy drinking from this pretty while looking at the sweet flowers. Well done to "the hubs" and of course you, Debbie.

Brian King said...

Very nice! I like the dual purpose. I hope the birds find it quickly!

21 Wits said...

Such a cheery idea!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Ingenious Debbie

Sally said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

xoxo

Sue (this n that) said...

I just love your new bath for the birds Debbie... and it's a bright and pretty colour too. Good job!

Conniecrafter said...

It's always fun to do a project found on Pinterest, how great you already had the pots, just needing some cleaning up, I think yellow was a great choice, your flowers look so pretty against it, I love it, great idea and so perfect for the deck, I may have to check out what I may have when I get home.

LeAnn said...

This is really a beautiful finished project. I love it. I am wondering if I could talk my husband into doing something like this one. I will check it out. It really is adorable.
Loving thoughts and hugs for you two!