Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Mount Street Beach, Bay Head

My sister and I did not make it to Marigold's, 
but we still had a wonderful visit.
We did however make it to the beach...
her beach from her younger years, Mount Street Beach.
We try to visit the beach each time she comes to town,
when you've lived near the beach and are use to seeing it all the time...
it's hard to leave and not be able to visit whenever you "need" to.
If you have ever lived at the beach, you know what that last sentence means.

When we first arrived there were three young girls there...
they reminded me of us.

It was cloudy and cold, with little drops of rain.
The ocean was rough and the tide was coming in.

We walked along the shoreline, heads down, looking for sea glass.
We only stayed a few minutes, I found seven pieces, she only found one...
she is out of practice.


There was one lone boat out braving the cold,
for some of us who love this place, the weather doesn't even matter!

9 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Nice day to spend at the beach with your sister.

Marie Smith said...

Your last line is my thought too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love seeing pictures of the beach, but obviously cannot relate to living near one.The water does look choppy.

italiafinlandia said...

The sea has an appeal on mankind...

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I live at a seaside town and I never get tired of the beach and the sea. You "beach" is beautiful Debbie

Lowcarb team member said...

Always good to spend time on a beach … so nice to see all of your beach photographs, but I liked the one of the bikes too.

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

A beautiful beach! I'm one of those who only gets to visit purposely and occasionally.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your sis “needs” to visit you oftener. )). I wonder if there really IS seaglass on the beaches we visit and I just don’t know how to see it! I always wonder why it washes up on your beaches and not mine <))

Farm Girl said...

How nice to have a visit like that. What a beautiful place.