Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Boys!!

September 2, 1983, 28 years ago today, my son Michael was born. He came in to the world at 8:17 a.m., well before his scheduled time of 10:15 a.m. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces. I was scheduled for a cesarean section at 10:15 a.m. that day because I had had a cesarean section with my first son, Scott. I thought Mike's birth would be easy peasy, no labor, no fuss, no muss......that could not be further from the truth!! But the gift is the same and today we celebrate all that he has given us during those 28 years. Today, I hope he is proud of who he has become, all the love and joy he has given us, not to mention the tears and grays, but somehow you always forget those. 

My older son Scott was born on September 5, 1982, he will be 29 on Monday. That makes my two sons 3 days short of one year apart. I was still in the hospital for Scott's first birthday, that was incrediably difficult for a young girl of 25 years. Scott was my first born and the light of my life. He weighed in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces, he was 24 1/2 inches long. He was quite the looker in the nursery. 

I think the world of my boys, they have always come first in my life and are the best thing I have ever done!!! Here is a picture of the wall unit in my home. They each have a shelf, where I keep special keepsakes from their childhood....... 


Scott has the top shelf, Mike's is the second!!!

Things I made for them, things they made for me!!

Their birth announcements, their first pair of shoes, a special ball cap....
everything here has special meaning!!!!

I sure do wish I could figure out how to use my BRAND NEW scanner.....
I would have posted pictures of my gorgeous baby boys!!!!

Happy Birthday Scott and Mike......I love you with all my heart!!!

20 comments:

LBB said...

Happy bday to your boys! I love the shelfs you have for each of them. What a sweet idea!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scott & Mike!

Their keepsake shelves are so sweet! If you are like me, I am guessing that the items on those shelves are priceless!

TexWisGirl said...

so sweet! good to hear from you. it's been a few days and i was just hoping you were enjoying some time with your son!

Bonnie said...

I am so happy to see your post. I must say, I have been a little concerned about you...the news from the storm. I love your shelves. Happy birthday to all. Bonnie

Adrienne said...

Yeah, that's what you get for being a faithful, daily blogger...we miss you (and worry a little) when there's no news! ENJOY the celebrations! I'm so sentimental at the moment (up coming wedding and all)...actually I'm always a bit sentimental, so never mind. Just enjoy your guys...and your new scanner!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Debbie, Happy Birthday to your boys!! I think the shelves holding sweet treasures is a great idea. Have a wonderful weekend!

Bev said...

Isn't something as a mom...you always relive the day of your child's birth. My two girls were born 2 years and 3 days apart...it makes birthday parties hectic.... 3 days apart:)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your boys!!! Hope your weekend goes great!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your boys! I am sure they are fine young men.

I love your shelves, Debbie. So sweet. You brought tears to my eyes.

Enjoy!

Ellie said...

Happy birthday to your boys Debbie. Your love for them shines through this post. And it was a lovely post to read. Good to hear from you. Have a great weekend.

Leenie said...

Nice display to keep the memories. Good luck figuring out that new scanner. Looking forward to more photos. My baby was born Sept. 3 1980.

Farm Girl said...

How very sweet and wow your babies born so close. You are a wonderful Mom and I am so blessed by you sharing your life.
Thanks

Tammy said...

Precious. Memories are bitter sweet. I love looking at old photos and the kids artwork from when they were little, but it makes me a little sad too, to know that that time is over. I love the way you kept and displayed the momentos.

Susan said...

Have a wonderful time celebrating the birth of your boys. It always seems just like yesterday when looking back to our childrens' births doesn't it.
Cheers to all of you :D)

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh What a great Mom you are. Happy Birthday boys you are very lucky to have such a sentimental Mom.
I love the shelf idea. B

Rose said...

Happy Birthday to your boys..wish you culd figure your scanner or that I was there to see if I could....haha Maybe the two of us together could do it.

stardust said...

Happy birthday to Michael and Scott from me, too! You must be the sweetest mom and treasure to them, Debbie. Have a happy and restful weekend.

Yoko

Nancy said...

Happy birthday to your two boys, Debbie. They are lucky to have a fun-loving and special mom like you. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful post Debbie, and...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT AND MIKE!!!
Okay, Debbie, now figure out that scanner!!! :-)

Jill Wellington said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! Debbie, my daughter was due on September 5th 22 years ago. She was born a week early on August 29th. But every year, I think of that on September 5th. Glad to know a baby WAS born on that day :)