Monday, June 10, 2024

The Garden Beds Are Filled With Plants, Love & Joy

  I am so very happy to share these images of my garden.
It is well maintained and free of weeds.
Everything has its own space, is healthy and lush green.
Small, but well thought out, I am happy with what I planted, where I planted it and why.

This is my main garden.
Everything in this "veg trug" was started with seeds except the tomato plant.
In the past, I have found starting with seeds to be much more rewarding.

- sweet basil -

- scallions and dill -
I started these scallions with scraps from the kitchen last year, 
they survived the winter and are hearty and robust.

- wildflowers -
I planted these so I will always be able to cut flowers for in the house.
I planted all seeds so I can't wait to see what I get.

- one tomato plant -
if cared for correctly, I will get plenty of tomatoes

- dill -
for my butterflies

- parsley -

- more basil -

- more dill -

The rest of the yard is filled with flowers, annuals, perennials and a lot of color!
That's for next time!

13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I didn’t see dill to buy. I’ll get some seeds. Great looking garden!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful set up!
I like the style of your large planters.
Thank you for the reminder about seeds!
I'm late getting mine in the ground.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful! I like that raised bed.

Rian said...

Your plantings look great! Do you use anything for the bugs? My earlier garden got eaten up...

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie I sure hope y'all NEVER entertain the idea of selling/moving from this home! It's so so pretty and the pool and the water view, it's all just so lovely. Y'all have worked hard to make your rooms AND your yard just so nice. It takes WORK to maintain pretty gardens. I always love seeing your annual mailbox flowers! Your gardens are looking great! We have maters in, squash, onions, and lots of GREEN BEANS. I've been busy frying up green maters and squash! My Old Maids are up, but only one bloom so far, they will get there. The 4 o clocks are in full bloom. I love this time of year. The HEAT HAS ARRIVED tho, I don't like that so much, LOL. I like seeing your herbs. I dont grow any herbs. We do alot of flowers and vegetables tho. I cant wait to see what wildflowers come up there! HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE POOL YET???

Anonymous said...

It all looks fabulous Debbie, well done.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, your garden looks wonderful.
I like the raised bed and the pots.
I love fresh basil!
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Jean said...

Debbie, you have the "greenest" thumb ever! Everything looks so healthy! You'll be reaping the benefits in no time at all! Enjoy! Jean from Bucks County

Danielle L Zecher said...

Your garden is gorgeous! It looks like your herbs, especially, are thriving. I didn't know butterflies like dill. I may plant some dill now!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I love the fact that your garden brings you joy and happiness. We need more things like that in life. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The raised beds are absolutely wonderful, what a fabulous idea, perfect for veggies and herbs. Everything looks so lush and good and no wonder it brings you joy. It's all so perfect -- makes me happy just to look even without reaping any of the benefits.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh, Debbie! I am so jealous! My daughter would be too. She has only one small raised garden to keep it away from bunnies. But yours is absolutely amazing!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow yours is taking off so well, we bought new above ground garden tubs, and hubby thinks we bought cheap dirt with a lot of bark and such and our plants aren't doing well at all. In our old garden everything is doing terrific, we may have to take out some of that dirt and put better dirt in next year.