Thursday, June 27, 2024

Busy As A Bee

 My Butterfly Bushes are blooming beautifully.
I have 3 in total and each is filled with gorgeous flowers, lots of bees and even a few butterflies.


This deep purple bush is a "random transplant" as I never planted it, just one day it appeared.
I did a little googling to see if I could find the correct name for this, I think I use to know it.
If you do, please share it in the comments.

This color is my favorite.





I have caterpillars, both large and teeny tiny small and chrysalis, both from this summer and last fall.
It's a whole story I will share another time.

This caterpillar is now in chrysalis form and will emerge
in 10 or so days!

13 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Very cool!

acorn hollow said...

Well you have made the bees and caterpillars very happy.
Cathy

Danielle L Zecher said...

Your butterfly bushes are beautiful!

I love them, but we've not had good luck with them. There was a huge one when we moved in, but it died a few years later. We tried planting one that held one for almost two years but then died.

Thanks for sharing yours!

BeachGypsy said...

Wow Debbie I've never seen a caterpillar picture that good!!!--- and close! Enjoyed back to the fairy 🧚‍♀️ garden again yesterday--- what a FUN PLACE!! And CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope yall had a great one!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Wow ! The flowers are so colorful and exquisite. What kind of bee is that ? I once grew dill and those beautiful green caterpillars came and ate it all! - Have a good week.

Marie Smith said...

The caterpillars are such unusual creatures. Those colours are quite beautiful!

Rian said...

Your purple plant, Debbie, was probably a gift from the birds. We have a red honeysuckle bush that we didn't plant. It just appeared. Great pics!

Linda said...

Love the photos! I planted dill this spring and found little caterpillars on the stems - and thought of you!

DrumMajor said...

Your super close-ups of the bees makes them look huge! I'd be scared of being stung. Linda in Kansas

Shiju Sugunan said...

Butterfly heaven in your garden for sure! Gorgeous caterpillar!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful images, your butterfly bushes look great, love the cute caterpillar.
The bees are happy on the blooms, great captures. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Stunning photographs you've shared here.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Great shots! I love seeing close-ups.