Saturday, June 15, 2024

Saturday Critters #548

Lake of the Lilies has some beautiful wild flowers blooming right now.

Common Blanketflower

Wild Iris

Smooth Oxeye

The lake is full of swans, many more than you see here, I would guess there were at least 50.


We first saw these cygnet swans on May 30th, there were 4 and they were so tiny.
3 have survived and they have gotten much bigger.
Momma led them over to me, 
they came up on the grass and she was very comfortable with me taking pictures.









- like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people never thought you would -

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

12 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Oh those fluffy little babies with their black snouts ( beaks) are so sweet and precious!! You got GREAT pictures and Mommy Swan totally trusts you!

Rian said...

Great pics, Debbie! And I appreciate the info about hydrangeas you sent.

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous! On so many levels, Debbie. The day, the setting, the colours, the birds, the blooms, water and sky! We are so fortunate to be observers of such beauty!

DrumMajor said...

Wow! It's not Kansas. Definitely have a Swan Lake there! Thanks for all of the cute pics. Linda in Kansas

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Mae Travels said...

You live in a beautiful place!
I’m glad you are sharing this beauty.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

acorn hollow said...

wow I have never seen so many swans in one place!
The babies are so sweet.
Cathy

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The swans are beautiful, I love the cute cygnets.
It is great to see so many swans at the lake.
The wildflowers are beautiful. Wonderful photos.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Anonymous said...

I always think swans are lovely and your photographs show them so well.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Some of those wildflowers look like big bouquets...right out of the vase! Of course seeing swans is very special and then to see young ones too...WOW! I love your photos of the little ones up close. I've never seen a baby Swan!

Conniecrafter said...

I love all the beautiful flowers out right now and the little babies are just the cutest ever, so sad that one has gone :(

Danielle L Zecher said...

I love the baby swans. They're so cute.