Monday, January 24, 2022

Pleasant Ways To Spend Your Day

 If you ever need to lift your spirits, go outdoors and look up,

our sunsets have been spectacular.
Even our daytime skies have been very pretty...I find them to be very peaceful.

Even during the cold of winter, I spend time at the window photographing the birds.
This little Song Sparrow has a nest in this shrub, 
it is his/her favorite spot to hang out, and I enjoy watching it most days when I can.
It has been frigid cold, often too cold to open the window for pictures.


I started my new knitting project on Thursday, it's a very easy knit and I am enjoying it.
The Northwind Cowl by Laura Aylor

I probably should have turned the cowl around for the picture,
the bottom row in my picture is the top row in the pattern.
Meaning you start at the top and knit to the bottom.

I started another coloring picture this weekend but did not finish it.
I'll share a picture when I finish.

I made another batch of butter cookies Sunday.
It is the last batch I will make until next Christmas.

I viewed this picture on-line...
the waterfalls in Passaic, NJ which is north of me are frozen.
Such an oddity. 
I'm not really sure in which form they are prettier,
free flowing or frozen solid.

My Kansas City Chiefs won 
their playoff football game on Sunday.
What a game, a real nail bitter...
they won in overtime 42 - 36.

15 comments:

Black Knight said...

You have a very nice neighbor. I hope he doesn't suffer too much the cold weather.
Congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs. In Italy football is not popular, people get crazy for football (I don't).

... said...

WOW beautiful pictures, I love it all

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
Gorgeous sky capture, the colors are just stunning. The frozen falls looks pretty. The Song Sparrow is a sweet shot. Your butter cookies look yummy. Take care, enjoy your new week!

Leanne Coppola said...

Your cowl looks gorgeous!!! Love it! And that game! Wow! What an exciting game. Was thinking of you during it. And my nephew Shea, he's a Chiefs fan too. Exciting stuff!

Marie Smith said...

The sky is gorgeous. Debbie, do you visit that waterfalls? I don’t remember seeing any photos of it. I don’t know if I’d be brave enough to cross those bridges.

Hena Tayeb said...

The cowl is going to be so pretty.
I have never been to the Paterson falls.. it's always been on the list. They look incredible frozen.
My boys were so bummed about the Chiefs win. It was a nail bitter.

Conniecrafter said...

I agree the sunsets have been amazing and there is nothing quite like a winter sky, it just has something special too it, the blues just seem to pop more against the white clouds.
Oh my your knitting is gorgeous, I really love that pattern on it.
That picture of the waterfall is amazing, those drones can really capture things we don't normally get to see, it is always amazing to me to see how the water freezes, so cool!

Susan Zarzycki said...

Pretty photos! I am teaching myself to knit Norwegian style. Love your pattern. That first photo of the sunset is stunning!💖

Bev said...

Where do I start... getting outside always lifts ones spirit!...Those cookies ...look YUM!!!...

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree with you, just look up and watch the sky and you will find beauty. Great pictures.

Veronica Lee said...

Glorious photos, especially that sky shot.

Those cookies are tantalizing!

Happy Tuesday, Debbie!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous sunset! I would love to see frozen falls! It usually doesn't get cold enough for long enough here to freeze like that.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie,:=) Lovely post! Your cowl is coming along nicely, Love the pattern and tension, and the little snowman standing next to it is adorable. The dramatic scenes of the falls make a stunning photo. I'm not into football, but am crazy about tennis. A very pretty capture of the Song Sparrow, and beautiful sunset image.

LeAnn said...

Magnificent Sunset, of course, I loved it and it's saved. The cowl you are knitting is lovely and I like the pattern. The frozen falls is probably very unique to see; loved the photo. Your little bird is beautiful and the photo was spectacular.
We didn't see the whole came, but were cheering for the Kansas City Chiefs. The coach is a member of our church. It was an unbelievable game.
Blessing and hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful sky.

All the best Jan