Friday, January 28, 2022

It's Easter At Cracker Barrel...

 I was dying for "good" fried chicken...and I missed eating out, so we did it.
We took the 30 minute drive to the closest Cracker Barrel for a late lunch, early dinner.
If I am to be honest, we always eat one meal in the afternoon and it is almost always right around 3 pm.
We arrived at 2:30, I was starving, 
the hostess was happy to tell us there was a 1/2 hour wait and that they only had one server.
I think she thought we would leave but not this chicken loving girl,
I smiled, said "oh that's fine, and gave my name".
The hubs was the one who had to hear it and hear it he did, poor guy,
 it wasn't his fault but somehow it always is.
I was so "hungray" (it's a word), I wasn't myself...I noticed he did not hang with me while we waited.

We waited 40 minutes for a table and 15 minutes to get waited on.
Our food came out in only a few minutes, like 3...seems the kitchen staff was fine.

While we waited, I took pictures, it is definitely Easter at Cracker Barrel.











We finished our meal with 
Beignets
they were served with warm caramel sauce, they were divine.

The fire was so delightful, I did really appreciate it!

- patience is not the ability to wait, but rather to keep a good attitude while waiting -

18 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wouldn't have been as patient I don't think but at least you had some pretty things to see. I guess I should try their fried chicken! Must be good! Hugs!

Rian said...

We haven't been to a Cracker Barrel in years. They are fun to visit. We use them for breakfast more than anything else... and love to check out their shop.... such cute things. Thanks for sharing, Debbie.

Conniecrafter said...

the question is was the chicken good? Wow that was quite the wait, amazing how little workers they have anymore.
Looks like they are ready for Easter that's for sure :) We have not ate in a restaurant since they cases have been so high.

Debbie said...

the chicken was awesome!! hot, fresh and super juicy!! definitely picture worthy but i devoured it the minute it hit the table. i got corn bread stuffing, (which they only have on thursday) and mashed potatoes!! this meal was well thought out and well planned out. i definitely had to have the cornbread stuffing, thus if we were doing it, it had to be on a thursday!!! trust me when i tell you, i was waiting. most other people left when they heard the wait was 30 minutes!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

SOunds like you kept busy while you waited.

DrumMajor said...

I've never been to a Cracker Barrel. Guess I'll have to check one out. I would have purchased all the bunnies while waiting. Linda in Kansas

The Furry Gnome said...

Is it Easter already?

Marie Smith said...

Easter is around mid April this year. That place is early to the party for sure.

Lisa said...

Yep, that looks like Easter at Cracker-barrel. I know what you mean about being so Hangry and having to wait but sometimes a great meal is really worth the extra wait and so many places are so short staffed and the ones that are working are really doing the best they can to meet the demand. So, when I go out, I try to remember that they are doing their best. Maybe someday things will get back to a better normal with staffing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Cracker Barrel is a popular place, usually there is always a wait for table. They have cute Easter decorations.
Their chicken is good! Happy weekend to you!

Changes in the wind said...

What happen to Valentines Day? Forty minutes is a long wait but so glad it was worth it.

Ruth S said...

Where is this one? We “Cracker Barreled” across the country during a motorhome trip to Alaska.

Ruth S said...

I probably bought a tee shirt at almost every one. They have such nice shirts.

Debbie said...

hi ruth, hamilton township right off of I-195...i think it is exit 5B!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Such pretty items for sale Debbie.

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you got to sit down even with the wait. Cute knickknacks for Easter.

Debbie said...

there breakfasts are really good, and dinner...their fried chicken is the best!! it is hand breaded, when you order it so it is always fresh!!

LeAnn said...

I do love the cute quote at the end. I know my husband wouldn't have been patient at all. However, I loved how you used your time. The Easter photos are the best. It made me want to find a few more Easter decorations. I do like going to the Cracker Barrel but haven't for a long time.
Blessings and hugs!