Thursday, January 27, 2022

More Pleasantries...

I have put my Fairy Postcards away, 
I think they will be wonderful to include, one at a time, in a birthday card for just the right people. 
People with personalities like mine, who appreciate fairies.

As I tied the ribbon around my Fairy Postcards,
I noticed that on the back of each, there was a special poem, relative to the picture.
I had been so focused on the print, I had not noticed that before.
The poems are sweet.

Do you remember my trips to Rhinebeck New York?
My knitting group rents a B & B, 
 we stay for a long weekend and attend a Knitting Festival by day and knit together by night.
We have all purchased a few skeins of this yarn, we will knit whatever we want to with it,
and we will all wear our special item on Saturday as we walk around the festival.
I'm not sure what I am making, 
I'm sure it will be some form of a shawl or cowl.
I have already started my "shopping list" for Rhinebeck and I cannot wait to go.

It is 12 degrees outdoors as I type, I don't know the wind chill...
I did not grow up with wind chills being a thing.
Our weather people reported the temperature and that was that.
All this other new terminology...
"polar vortex, cyclone bomb, microburst, nor'easter, ball lightning, event" is all new to me,
and back in the day, we did not "name" every rain storm.
If it was raining, they reported that it was raining.
This is the view from my office window, the river was frozen but somehow it thawed.

We are expecting snow this weekend, Friday into Saturday, I am not holding my breath,
although it seems to be a certainty. 
I have these just in case, they come in handy when meteorologists get it wrong.

Work is slow this time of the month, so I am able to devote more time to my hobbies.
I have been knitting, coloring and "enjoying" my time in the kitchen more.

I completed one more section in my cowl.
Two rows had to be ripped out or I would have completed a lot more.

I made this Home Chef Meal last night, it was delicious!

- being happy is a very personal thing and it has nothing to do with anyone else -

13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

We are having a storm this weekend again after the snow is finished with you along the lower eastern coastline. I hope you get the snow you want. We’ll get more than we want, always!

Bev said...

I love that...being happy is personal... we often forget ❤️

DeniseinVA said...

Those special someone’s will be delighted to get your fairy cards. Your knitting weekend sounds wonderful! Your yarns are very pretty! And here I was rolling my eyes at 25 degrees! Our snow is due tomorrow, though we might be just on the edge. Your home chef meal looks delicious and I do like that quote. Thanks Debbie, enjoy the rest of the day. The sun is shining here and I am watching the birds at the feeders.

Black Knight said...

No snow here. The sun is shining and we are enjoying this weather but .... another wave of cold is on the corner.
Have fun at the Knitting Festival.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I will write the last quote down in my journal today. Oh...if I could only remember it each and every day! Love the fairy postcards...they are precious! Enjoy your day. Stay warm!

Sandi said...

"People with personalities like mine, who appreciate fairies."

😄 What a fantastic description. Imagine being described this way.

The Padre said...

Congrats On The Meal - Beautiful Photos For Sure - Have A Fantastic Friday My Friend

Cheers

Conniecrafter said...

that is cute that there are poems on the back of those cards :)
I had to laugh about the windchill thing, yep growing up it was just the temperature, but I do look at the feel's like temperature because when we have windy days here and especially if the sun isn't shining it can feel much colder than the temp says, and I go by that if I will be going for a walk or not.
Bummer you had to take out a couple rows, but it is coming along so pretty!

Linda said...

What a beautiful post! I love your fairy cards and the view from your window. I've enjoed being home these last two weeks and we still have another couple of weeks before we go back to the country.
And that ending quote is awesome!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Your Fairy cards are pretty. You have a beautiful view! The meal looks yummy.
Great quote and beautiful photos. We may have some snow today, I hope it is not too much.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Everything you knot has this look of perfection. Keep on sharing your tidbits of happiness , it often brings a smile to my face.

Lisa said...

Those are cute fairies. I have never knitted. I once tried my hand at crochet, but I was really young and don't remember anything from what I learned. Maybe someday if I give up card making, I will pick it back up again. I can't wait to see what you do with the blue skein of yarn. That is a very pretty blue.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the fairy cards.

All the best Jan