Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Yarn Along

As hoped, 
I have started a new "crochet" project and I am moving along quite nicely.


The Farm Girl Shawl
Created by my good friend Lizzie, who taught me how to crochet.


Crocheted with hand died yarn by
knot house yarns
100% Superwash Merino
The color is Rhinebeck Love Bus
representing the colors of the logo Leanne created for Rhinebeck last year.




I am still working on my 
Irish Hiking Scarf, knit with Cascade Yarn
50% Superfine Alpaca and 50% Peruvian Highland Wool.
This yarn is a joy to work with and I really love the neutral color, it will go with everything.

We rented and watched two movies this week that we really enjoyed.


Midway
A fact based story about the battle at Midway during World War II,
a significant and pivotal turning point in the pacific.
The film, based on real life events,
tells the story of the heroic feats of these leaders and soldiers.

I thought Midway was excellent and I usually don't enjoy war moves.



21 Bridges
This is a good cop, bad cop movie about a massive manhunt
for 2 cop killers...
and shutting down all 21 bridges in Manhattan 
in an attempt to capture them.

I thought they were both going to be good "knitting" movies,
boy was I wrong!
 I ended up watching and enjoying both and only knitting/crocheting a little.

16 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Both projects are coming along nicely and I have found it pretty hard to watch a movie and knit too, usually make mistakes.

Marie Smith said...

You produce quality work, Debbie. Love it!

italiafinlandia said...

Crochet is something that I can work with - I learned it from my mother. But am not so clever...
Enjoy it!

Leanne Coppola said...

I'm going to add these movies to our list. Always looking for things to watch. Your projects look beautiful.

Ella said...

The "The Farm Girl Shawl" is very beautiful! But the other scarf too …
I haven't seen the movies! Thank you for recommendation!

Sandi said...

I love the yarn colors. Beautiful.


P.S. You know your years are many when you don't recognize the names of any of the actors in the movies except the two old guys who are brought in for their wisdom and experience. Also, Woody Harrelson.

Buttons alias Grace said...

You are so very talented Debbie. I wish I was still knitting. Awesome work. Hugs B

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your hands must always be busy, either knitting or crocheting.

DeniseinVA said...

Your knitting yarns are beautiful and each knitting project is fabulous. Thank you for the recommended movies too.

Debbie said...

i thought the acting was great. woody also, i really liked him in this film!

Angie said...

Debbie - the Rhinebeck Love Bus yarn is gorgeous! Thanks for the movie tips - I find some movies require you to really watch them in order to "get it" - and with that, it's hard to do a craft project at the same time!

coco said...

ce frumos, imi place tare mult si admir lucrul de mana, numai ca eu nu am rabdare! :)
https://www.jurnaluluneieve.ro/

eileeninmd said...

Hello, both the scarves are beautiful. I love all the yarn colors too. I have not seen many movies lately. Wishing you a great day!

Conniecrafter said...

I just love those colors in your shawl, you are doing a beautiful job with it.
I don't know that I have seen that Midway, I have been wanting to see that Dunkirk. They both sound interesting, I thought we would watch more movies this winter but we haven't seen as many as I thought we would.

Debbie said...

translated: how beautiful, I really like and admire the work of the hand, only that I have no patience! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

You are doing very well :)
Thanks for the info on the movies.

All the best Jan