Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Yarn Along

I am back working on my cables for my "newtoyou" contribution.
There was again a lot of "frogging" = "ripping out"
but I am back on track and I think I will be ok going forward.



The Irish Hiking Scarf
 for the girl who never goes hiking.
Knit with Cascade Yarn
50% Superfine Alpaca and 50% Peruvian Highland Wool.
I love working with this yarn.




It's getting long, 
and I am so happy with the way it is turing out!
Leanne is making a sweater in the same color yarn, with cables,
we will wear them on the same day during Rhinebeck this year!
Now that's exciting, we will be twining! 

I have really been enjoying my new reading
A Book That Takes Time
I read a few pages each night,
 and there is a lot of journaling participation as well, it's a great book!

12 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I have a sweater in the same cables and colour. Love it!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

Your scarf is looking beautiful, I love the cables and color. The book sounds unique and fun. I hope you are having a great day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love, love, love the cable stitch. That will be a beautiful scarf.

Lowcarb team member said...

It looks good to me Debbie :)

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

That is going to be SO PRETTY!! Cant wait to see it finished. I loved the previous post about the mallards too. I can't believe how BRIGHT GREEN some of their heads are!! They glow! LOL How is your week going?

Angie said...

Debbie - cables in knitting really intimidate me, so I am SOOOO impressed that you have mastered it! Enjoy your weekend.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Looks great keep knitting Debbie

Penelope Notes said...

The book looks intriguing and the knitting so cozy!

Changes in the wind said...

Wow! that is awesome, good job.

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you are on track, I know the ripping out can get to be a bummer, but it is all looking terrific!! That is neat you both are working on projects with the same yarn, I am sure you will share pics :)
That's nice your enjoying the book too!

LeAnn said...

Your book sounds interesting. Of course, your Scarf is beautiful. I love that you are twining with your friend. Big hugs!