Monday, January 6, 2020

The Perfect Journal

I purchased two journals almost 2 years ago, both remain blank.
I take them out every so often, 
hold them, hug them, open them, but I'm just not sure what I want to write.
I close them up, 
put them back on their special spot on the shelf and "my thought",
I will write another day...but I don't.
When we went to Longwood Gardens I found the perfect book for me.
Like a journal, but so much more.


It's a nice big, thick book.
oooooh and my new "auntie" mug from my little Addie and Lorelei


At the bottom of the empty mug...
"Parenting is nice, Aunting is devine"!! 


Getting back to the book...
The "Contents" will excite all of your senses.
This book was written for me, it has everything I was looking for!

I started reading last night,
I can only read a little at a time as I have issues with my memory.
I read "The Time Is Now" and I really enjoyed it!

The Joy of ONE THING AT A TIME...
with a small detachable book for keeping notes!


The book suggests you start a 
Beautiful Moment Jar
Write down a sentence or two about any beautiful moment, along with the date, 
tear the card out of the book, 
and tuck it away in your beautiful moment jar.


Recipes for Slow Soup

A Small detachable 30 Day Notebook!

Wise Words ~ I haven't gotten here yet...

and cute little cards, tucked into the back cover of the book, 
to write down thoughts and insights you gained while reading the book!

An awesome, hard covered book, written by Irene Smit and Astrid van der Hulst
One I will be able to enjoy for years to come!!

18 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

I love this! and I LOVE your mug!!!!

Plain Jane said...

That book is awesome and I love the mug

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love your new Auntie mug and the new book. Your moment jar is a cute idea. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Marie Smith said...

It looks like an inspiring adventure on paper.

Hena Tayeb said...

That book looks beautiful.
So, what I do is write done a line or two about happened that day.. a different page for each day and come back to the first day at the start of the next year.. it fun looking back at what we did on that day through the past years. I just had my boys start one two.. I am doing the writing for them but I ask them what the best thing was about the day and it gives them a chance to look back and reflect on the day and find something good about it.

Rian said...

That looks like a great journal... interesting and fun. It would also make a great gift. I have so many journals around here from over the years. Some have only a few entries, others more, and some with entries made every few years. Since online websites and blogging started, I seldom go back to the journals. It works pretty much the same as you can go back and check what you were doing on a certain date - very strange to find that we do almost the same things on the same days (even 10 years ago). Perhaps we're cyclic like the weather...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It does look perfect! I'll see if it's available online. I took one of my blank journals to start a new hiking journal today. I usually just write in my day planner but I wanted to do something special this year! Your nails are so pretty! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that special mug. The journal looks like a fun one.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I found one to put on my wish list! Hugs!

BeachGypsy said...

I think your new journal suits you to a "t"!!--glad you shared it with us. I used to journal, but then stopped. I WILL NOT journal in longhand anymore...way way too tiring. So I started TYPING UP MY ENTRIES, print them off and put into my empty journal. I use a big big sketch book....and my journals are FULL OF PICTURES, which of course, I know you understand! ha ha LOL I do hope our children or grandchildren or even great grandchildren enjoy them someday and marvel at the "primitive" world we live in...ha ha LOL! Anyway....that's the only way I can journal....works for me. Hope your new year has started out nice!

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely mug and book. I still write a journal but not every day, do it more on line these days. This makes me want to go out and buy a new one.

Ella said...

I love your new Auntie mug and the journal!
Wishing you a happy 2020! 🎶❤️🎶

italiafinlandia said...

Enjoy your new journal!

Conniecrafter said...

That does look like an interesting book, hope it gives you what you are looking for. I know people write a lot of stuff in their journals and it helps them work through their life, I keep a thankful journal, each day I have to write at least 3 things I am thankful for that day, it helps to keep you on the positive side instead of going to all that is wrong :) I have to read things over again to get them too, you should see me reading the bible in the morning, especially if my mind keeps drifting off as I go, they say to read out loud and that helps to retain.
Loving that cup, what a sweet gift for you!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It’s a good idea Debbie ... You could start maybe by writing down some of the (many) perfect moments you already share in your blog posts and then maybe expand to add your more private thoughts? My only journal is my blog, and of course it is pretty much only my happy thoughts, so obviously my suggestion isn’t really worth a thing )).

21 Wits said...

What a wonderful book and such a great way to combat the winter blues, and of course that mug is a day brightener too!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your new Auntie mug and the new book looks and sounds great.
Isn't the moment jar a good idea!

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

Yay!!! I have so many journals and write often. This one looks like the perfect book to capture your thoughts and get you going - such a creative way to journal!