Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Yarn Along

Funny Story...
When I was in Rhinebeck for the Sheep and Wool Festival,
I was walking around with Leanne and she wanted to get a book for her son Chase.
The authors are there, signing the books, and Chase really likes that.
Anyway, getting back to the funny part,
we were looking at a book by Elisha Cooper and I thought he wasn't paying attention to us,
as he was "doodling" on a piece of paper.
So of course, I start talking, bragging to him that Leanne had designed the logo this year.
He acts like he doesn't really know what I am talking about,
and says "oh was that on my ticket"?
And that was all I needed to hear and I reply in my outside voice,
"It's everywhere"
"she designed the logo, look it's on my bag AND she taught me how to knit"!
Long story even longer, 
it turns out the joke was on us, he wasn't doodling, he was drawing pictures of us!
Maybe you had to be there, I did brag to everyone at the festival that I knew Leanne.
I am so proud of her, she did design the logo and she did teach me how to knit!!

So here is the picture he drew of me...

- see, that's me -
it reads...
"she taught me to knit - my friend did logo"
I had my big hat on that day and I love my smile.
I think my smile is the best part of this picture,
I was just so happy!
And I guess I was wearing my Guernsey Wrap,
it is well represented in this drawing and one of my favorite knitted items that I kept for myself.

He also gave Leanne and I each one of these signed posters.
He was so nice, and Leanne purchased his book "River" for Chase.

Many thanks Elisha Cooper, it was so nice to meet you!

And on to my knitting this week, I am still working on my...


February Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn,
free here on Ravelry.
I am using yarn from Arrow Acres Alpaca Farm
3 ply DK Alpaca Yarn
All 7 of the animals pictured on the tag contributed to this yarn.
How fun is that to know exactly which animal your yarn came from?
I only have a few rows to go, I will make a pom-pom, and this will be a wrap.

This hat is for my little great nephew Kalmin for Christmas.
I would like to get one more hat done before Christmas.

Sweet stuff tomorrow, you won't believe your eyes!

14 comments:

Andy said...

The doodling put a great big smile on my face and it won't go away. Thank you. (‾⌣‾)

Natalia said...

Very fun drawing! Have a lovely day ☺

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful work, Debbie. You were an excellent student! That picture is a keeper! He caught your enthusiasm!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie, the hat is looking beautiful. It will be a lovely gift. I love the doodle, that is so cool. The poster is pretty too. Wishing you a happy day!

Changes in the wind said...

Funny story and love the hat pattern:)

Leanne Coppola said...

Seriously the funniest part of the whole trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

How fun is that, so neat he was able to draw you up like that, fun memory to help you remember the day :)
Love that yarn and the great pattern on your hat!!

Ella said...

I love the pattern from the hat!
The poster is very pretty!
Wishing you happy days!

Sue (this n that) said...

A great doodle! and the poster is lovely.
So... you have an 'outside' voice - love that fact about you too ;D)
Beautiful knitting for the hat. Quite something that all those animals' fibres contributed to the yarn xx

Angie said...

How special to receive a personalized doodle of YOU! Looks like he captured your personality well! Enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

i agree!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a fun drawing :)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed this story. It is obvious that Chase will be an artist like his mother. The picture was adorable and I think he captured you well.
Your knitting is awesome and I think it is great that you know which animal the yarn comes from. I love that you make knitting projects for gifts; that make it very special for those that receive them.
Blessings and hugs!

Darren Demers said...

Maybe you had to be there, I did brag to everyone at the festival that I knew Leanne.
wholesale shawls , wholesale pashmina , pashmina shawl wholesale , pashminas in bulk , wholesale scarves in bulk , wholesale scarf suppliers , chiffon scarves wholesale , wholesale prayer shawls , velvet shawls wholesale , velvet shawl