Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday Critters ~ 309 ~

When we go to the alpaca farm, we always pass this farm on our way.
A farm that is home for cows, sheep and emu's.

Sunday was no exception and as I glanced out my window, I saw this endearing sight.

Mom looking over a sleeping newborn calf.

Mom was nudging at the calf, seeming to want to wake it up,

and get it up, it was about 3 hours old. 

Baby calf trying...now up on all 4's,

but the calf quickly fell over.
Mom continued to clean the baby up, in this picture you can see the umbilical cord.

Mom took a rest, she was clearly exhausted.

There was a second attempt to get baby moving...



it didn't work and the baby fell over again.
Standing on the sideline, all I wanted to do was help.

Mom continued the cleaning process...


and then shared a tender moment with the newborn calf.
I am happy to have these pictures, but,
I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.

Sharing today with Eileen at Viewing Nature With Eileen

16 comments:

Andy said...

Awe... what a awesome photo opportunely.

Marie Smith said...

Tender moments. Wonderful!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Whenever we get to witness the renewal of life it is always a special event. I am still a little nonplussed as to how we can view such events, marvel at them, and as you quite rightly state, Debbie, remember them for the rest of our life, yet happily kill and eat the creatures involved.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I agree, I would enjoy this tender moment with mom and her new baby calf. Adorable little one and Mom is pretty too.
Great series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks so much for leaving me a comment.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh your timing couldn't have been any better on this, isn't that the most precious thing you have ever seen. Mom trying to help a baby giving it a go, You have caught many sweet moments there, how exciting!!!

italiafinlandia said...

What a tender view! My grandfather used to have a few cows, so I know what you are talking about...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness... you witnessed a miracle my friend. How amazing to see this baby starting it's life. What a beautiful white face and proud mama! Sometimes I wish I could tag some of the animals I see to go back and check on them. But we can be happy in the moment. Just amazing photos! Time and chance! Enjoy your weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! I am thrilled that you were there to capture this special moment.

Linda said...

Oh, this is touching and beautiful!

Lady Fi said...

Awww - so beautiful! (Shame they will get eaten later on in life...)

Karen Lakis said...

Oh goodness, that is the sweetest thing! I would have wanted to jump in to help, too!

Rian said...

Wonderful pics! And beautiful animals. Hereford are my favorite cattle. That mother and calf both look so healthy and well cared for.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love it. what great shots. fun time to be around and capture these views. hope u r having a good happy weekend!! ( ;

Brian King said...

What a cute little one! These are awesome photos! The farm next door to us had five little ones and they're so fun to watch!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh Debbie, what a beautiful series ... thank you for sharing this...it’s wonderful! (They grow up so fast!)

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely you were there …
Thank you for sharing these very special photographs.

Al the best Jan