Friday, November 8, 2019

Breakfast With A Gull

A few weeks or so ago, we brought our hot fresh donuts from
Top That Donut
to the inlet to watch the boats and enjoy our donuts in a peaceful setting.
Funny, 
I thought we would be able to sit in the car and eat without being noticed...
what was I thinking!
Almost immediately after parking the car,
 this seagull landed on the hood and gave us the evil eye.
Like..."I hope you don't think you are going to eat those donuts and not share".
We didn't share, we don't share, but this guy was relentless.

I wanted to enjoy my donut,
 but it was so difficult to decide between getting the picture and eating the donut before it got cold.
I am good at multitasking, so it was a win - win!

It was windy...















This is a Ring-Billed Gull
Sexes are similar, you can see the ring/band around it's beak.
My book says it is the most familiar gull, bold and approachable, an opportunistic feeder.
I sure can attest to that.

14 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It's better you don't feed doughnuts to the gulls. Bad enough that humans eat that crap!

Sandi said...

I think if I were a bird I would definitely be a donut eating gull.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

They do like to keep an eye on anyone with food in front of them

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie. Your closeups of the gull are awesome. He/she looks hungry, lol. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

Brian King said...

LOL! That's hilarious! Talk about "in your face"! Beautiful portraits! I can't say that I blame him...nothing like some hot, fresh doughnuts!

Changes in the wind said...

Great pictures, love the ones with the feathers lifted from the wind.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how cool to get those great close up shots like that, I am glad you are a good multitasker ;) It just amazes me how they can figure out where the food is that fast, we had the same thing on our vacation we were a good half mile away from them having a picnic and it wasn't but a few minutes after getting the food out they were there but you being in the car, that is really good!

Rian said...

Gorgeous pics of a beautiful bird! However, since he gave you the photo op... I really think you could have shared your donut?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just wanted his picture taken. Noooo!,I know how gulls behave, he wanted the food.

Marie Smith said...

That first photo is priceless! A beautiful creature!

Karen Lakis said...

Quite a bold, rude guy!!! But then, if he hadn’t done that you wouldn’t have gotten such great closeups! I hope you enjoyed your donut- I don’t often go somewhere that I would get a fresh warm one.

21 Wits said...

Hello sweet feathered friend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Opportunistic is a great way to describe gulls! Great series of photos! I’m glad you didn’t let his beady eyed stare guilt you into sharing your treat! (It isn’t even good for him anyway!)

Lowcarb team member said...

Your closeups of the gull are fabulous.

All the best Jan