Monday, November 4, 2019

Home Chef

I continued my subscription to Home Chef over the summer,
but I did not order or receive many meals.
We are busy during summer, out and about so we eat out a lot.
We also grill a lot and have favorite summer meals we like to prepare.

But summer is over and I am back to ordering more regularly.
Last week, both meals I ordered were huge hits.
I generally order 2 or 3 meals per week, during winter, I will definitely be ordering 3.

Creamy Tomato Parmesan Tortellini
Everything is so fresh, including the tortellini.
This dish included spinach, red peppers, garlic and grape tomatoes.
The sauce was light pink, created with light cream and pasta water.
Once I added the vegetable back in, it became a pink sauce.
It looks a little dry in the picture but it wasn't, it was just perfect.

Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
Sweet Italian sausage, broccoli and garlic.
The sauce was created with white wince, cream cheese, pecorino cheese
 and some of the pasta cooking water.
Again, this looks dry, but it wasn't, 
it was just perfect with pecorino cheese sprinkled on top.

This is my binder of recipe cards...I have received and cooked a lot of meals.
I am very happy with this meal service, the meals are fairly easy to cook,
 everything is pre-measured and very fresh and I like having a hand in preparing our meals.
I don't think this would be good for families, but for two people, it's awesome.


I purchased a Woman's Day magazine a few weeks ago,
I have not purchased a magazine in years.
It was nice to finely sit down and read it with a hot cup of tea.

My nieces are selling magazine subscriptions for Girl Scouts,
so now I will be receiving 2 each month in the mail.

I'm looking forward to it!

12 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Those meals look wonderful, makes my mouth water.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow, I remember picking up Women’s Day at the grocery checkout every month! I think it cost 15 cents, way back in the 60s. Yeah, I haven’t looked at a magazine now for probably 20 years.

Karen Lakis said...

Sitting down with magazines used to be one of my very favorite things to do. Now with the internet and Pinterest, I wonder about the future of print editions. I do, occasionally, still pick one up, though. I'm sure you'll enjoy receiving yours every month.

Those meals look and sound amazing. I keep thinking I will take a look at this service, but never have.

Hena Tayeb said...

Ooh those meals looks delicious.

Marie Smith said...

The meals look delicious. It would be a nice break to use such a service.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you are continuing to like these meals, they do look delicious.

Enjoy the week ahead.

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

Goodness GRACIOUS.....those sure look delicious, especially the first one!! Yum! Me...I still love and buy magazines! I am a magazine junkie! LOl! I love so many of them and subscribe to quite a few-Southern Lady, Southern Living, HGTV, Reminisce, Reminisce Extra, Birds and Blooms (a new one for me), Veranda, Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens, Pioneer Woman, Womans Day, and many others. I know you can read them online now...but I love the feel of a real magazine in my hands...plus I clip ALOT OF THE PICTURES out to use for things. I also love the little weekly ones you get at the grocery check-outs like Womans World and First and Closer (older celebreties/movies/tv shows etc.)

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh yummy, I love to see the meals you order. They would be delicious and kind of inspire me to try something similar.
Love your sweet stitched mat under your cuppa - its beautiful with a lovely homey feel xx
Now that I think of it, its ages since I looked at a magazine! The internet kind of takes over I guess, but, yes another nice way to relax. Cheers Debbie

Judy said...

The last time I had a magazine subscription was when one of the grandkids were selling them.
The magazines now seem so filled with ads that it takes away the joy of sitting and reading.

Brian King said...

Those both look delicious!

DeniseinVA said...

Looks very yummy. I stopped our recipe service in the summer too but also thinking of starting it up again. Nice to get a couple of magazine subscriptions. I let all mine run out and I miss a couple in particular.

Conniecrafter said...

It looks like they serve some good hearty meals for fall too :) We do a lot of grilling in the summer time, so it is hard for me to get back into what to cook inside in the winter months.
I ordered Better Homes from my great niece through her school project :) Love your felt pumpkin mat there :)