Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Yarn Along

I have made great progress on my

Neapolitan Cowl
in fact, it is off my needles.
The ball of yarn was short, I ran out of yarn, so the cowl is not the right length...
and does not have the proper edge - 1 inch of knit 2, purl 2.
I hope the wavy edge will simmer down once I wash and block it.


This is Mad Tosh Hand Dyed Yarn
DK Weight, High Twist the color is Calligraphy

I talked about 2 other projects that I have been working on, 
both were gifts,
so I did not want to share pictures here, just in case!

This is the Shadowbox I made for my niece Sarah,
gifted to her at her recent wedding.
All of the items and shells were found on the beaches of the 
Jersey Shore.

This piece of art was made for my knitting friend Seashore Sharon.
All 14 of the girls that attended the Rhinebeck Festival
received a small fabric square to decorate as we liked.
The 14 squares were presented to Sharon for her birthday,
with the idea the she will sew them all together and make a project bag.
She sews beautiful bags, 
this will be a wonderful memory of both the trip and her birthday.
I used the technique of needle punching to decorate my piece of fabric.
I decided to go with a "beachy/dolphin tale theme, 
as her nickname is Seashore Sharon.
Many thanks to my friend Carrie for organizing this project!

My niece sent me this picture
of the shadowbox displayed in her home,
it looks so pretty doesn't it?

8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

You did a great job on the shadow box, Debbie. Such a lovely gift!

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh Debbie, you are so multi-talented - the shadow box is absolutely gorgeous, and romantic, and full of your personal thoughtful touches. What a beautiful gift and it looks perfect in its home xx
Love your scarf and all those beautifully entwined stitches - again a work of art! lol, love the name of wool - Mad Tosh - that just begs to be bought doesn't it!
Your needle punched piece is adorable and I think the whole concept of the combined works to eventually be used in that way is just wonderful xx

Ruth Hiebert said...

You have been and are a busy lady.

BeachGypsy said...

You are so talented and make so many amazing things! My favorites are the sea glass pictures and that one is lovely!

Changes in the wind said...

The shadow box gift is lovely and very thoughtful. I too have been working on a cowl and realize that I wouldn't have enough yarn but fortunately I was able to omit the middle section and still have the proper ending but it will be shorter than it is suppose to be. I hope it still looks okay.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh your gift for your niece is amazing and so one of a kind! and that it is all from the Jersey shore is so cool too! It looks terrific in her home.
The piece for your friend Sharon is terrific too, that is so neat that now she has what she needs to make one of her bags and so full of memories for her, like what you chose to go with her name :)
Love the colors in that yarn for the cowl!

Kim said...

Your niece's shadow box does indeed look pretty in her home. Such a beautiful gift, Debbie. I rather like the wavy edge of the cowl. Ooh....I would love to see the bag your friend is going to fashion using all the lovely handmade pretties each one of you ladies gifted her. Your piece is perfect!

Lowcarb team member said...

The shadow box gift is so lovely Debbie :)

All the best Jan