Friday, September 13, 2019

Summers Late Bloomers

Here we go again...
This is the first butterfly to emerge from the large cage that presently holds 17 chrysalis.
I expect all 17 from this cage to emerge and be released during September.
My butterfly bush continues to bloom and be a great spot to release the butterflies on to.
Some fly right off, but on this day,
this sweet butterfly hung around and I was able to get some great pictures.

The Black Swallowtail Butterfly




While outside releasing this butterfly,
I noticed 10 new eggs on my dill.
If these eggs survive,
the butterflies will stay in chrysalis all winter and emerge in the spring!

This has turned in to such an exciting hobby for me!

19 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It is a great way to learn about the life cycle of a butterfly and to see it all up close.

Susie said...

Great photos of the butterfly and his flowers. I am glad you will have something to look forward to this next spring. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Marie Smith said...

Just gorgeous! The colours in that tiny creature are spectacular. What a great hobby you’ve discovered, Debbie!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

swoooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Natalia said...

What a beautiful color of those flowers, so vibrant☺

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, your butterfly images are always beautiful. Well done! Have a happy day and a great weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how cool, that is great it hung around long enough for you to get some great close up shots, it just amazes me the patterns and detail that is on these, and wow more coming along, they are just keeping you very busy :)

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, absolutely gorgeous!!! Amazing photos Debbie. Thank you for answering my question about your flowers also. Have a great weekend :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very cool, and what a neat hobby!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Amazing shots of that lovely butterfly.

Karen Lakis said...

Your butterflies are so beautiful. I love that it has become a hobby for you!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

BeachGypsy said...

I think your hobby is so cool and I do love seeing all the pictures! so bright and colorful. Did you enter that contest I mentioned?---you should, you'd probably win!

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh I just love it when you show your sweet babies! and more eggs - exciting !xx

Kim said...

An exciting hobby for you and amazing photos for us to see. I cannot wait until our Buddleias flower and the pretty butterflies visit us.

italiafinlandia said...

Awesome...

Brian King said...

That is a beauty!

Sandi said...

Just wow!

LeAnn said...

I love these photos; they are stunning. You do have an exciting hobby and I enjoy following it.
blessings and hugs!