Friday, June 23, 2017

Road Trip...

The hubs and I are on a Road Trip.
We left early Sunday morning, 
headed for North Carolina to see youngest son Mike and his girl Lila.

I print these Scavenger Hunts before we leave...
It is game on as soon as we back out of the driveway...
The hubs knows what to hunt for because he has studied the list.
I am in charge of checking off his boxes once he finds his.
This is a lot of fun and great for passing the time on a long road trip.
I have an IPad hooked up to the LTE network,
and I love knitting in the car so passing the time is never a problem for me.
I do try to converse with the hubs also, so he doesn't get too tired.
It's not so easy - to find things to talk about...
Married 38 years, together 24/7 - what's left to talk about.
I googled "things to talk about when there is nothing to talk about"
that had some amazing topics and questions that kept us entertained for some time.

We had a wonderful trip, great weather, no traffic.
We had dinner Sunday night with Mike and Lila at
Venable Rotisserie Bistro,
our favorite restaurant in this area,
to celebrate Fathers Day!

I am composing this post on Thursday and we are still here.
We have had a great week.

Are you wondering who won the Scavenger Hunt,
it is a contest you know...
Well...I won, but it was close, 51 - 50.

Better luck on the way home!!

16 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We often listen to podcasts on a longer trip, not that we go on them very often.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, you certainly make road trips more fun. I am usually driving and most of the time my hubby will fall asleep, there's not much talking or game playing with us. I am hope you are having a great visit with your son. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh yes, it is good to talk to the driver!!!! :-)

Glad you are having a lovely get-away.

Enjoy!

Be safe!

Enjoy!

Hugsssssssssssss

Judy said...

This would have been such a great idea for those long road trips with the 3 kiddos!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie! I like your style! After being married for so long, you still like to play games!:=) Have a great time.:)

Farm Girl said...

You think up the most amazing things to do. What a nice trip! I hope your weather was nice.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip, Debbie, and I love the scavenger hunt idea.
Travel safe, and enjoy every moment, my friend.
xo.

Marie Smith said...

It sounds like lots of fun, Debbie. You are very creative.

I never have any concept of distances on your trips. This one sounds long.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a brilliant trip and so wonderful to see your son Mike and his girl Lila...special times.
Stay safe in your travels, my good wishes

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Where do you find the scavenger hunts?

Ida said...

Wow you really make traveling a fun time. This is a great idea.

LeAnn said...

Wow, you did come up with a great way to stay alert while driving. I like to crochet while my hubby drives. I love that you were able to visit your son and have Father's day there. I like the idea of finding subjects to talk about when traveling. Google does have everything.
Blessings and hugs!

Pam said...

What a cool thing to play on a road trip. Since I was a child we have always done the ABC game. It is fun and keeps you hopping esp if you are driving. So glad that you are having a great trip.

Sue (this n that) said...

That's such a great idea! I love how the score-keeper won ;D) ;D) ha ha.
Glad you've had a great week - it's always beaut to get together with the children. Big hugs and enjoy the return trip

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how great you were able to go down and see your son and his girl friend. Neat idea with the scavenger hunt, we use to play how many out of state license we could count when Amanda was young :) He must have a pretty good memory, I would forget what was on the list :) Greg and I share the driving now because I get tired, I use to drive it all because I get car sick when I do anything else so I might as well drive. Now I take a nap while he drives :) Hope you have a safe trip back!

Jenn Jilks said...

I've never thought of a scavenger hunt! There are so many photos I snap as drive-by shootings, too! Then we have to turn around for some things!!!!