Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Warm Welcome...

Have you ever gone somewhere where you have received the warmest welcome ever?
A place where you are greeted with huge smiles and warm hugs.
A place where the eyes of your greeters are smiling too.
I know that perhaps I am over doing it...
but I felt so loved when I arrived at Mike's place in Chapel Hill.
Both he and his girl Lila greeted us with so much warmth and love,
and after an 8 hour drive, those amazing hugs and all that love felt so good.

Beyond that, there was a goodie bag...
Be still my beating heart...
Yes, you read that right, a goodie bag, packed full with all of our favorite things.
I'm not sure I know 2 more thoughtful people!

My goodies were wrapped in pink tissue paper, the hubs were wrapped in white.
oooooh the details...
goodness, this girl had me at goodie bag!!

Is this not the BEST goodie bag ever?

Tea...Caramel and Vanilla, I made some yesterday and it. is. amazing.

PeePs know me for sure...this yarn is awesome.
70% Baby Alpaca - 30 % Bamboo Viscose
It is so soft and "purple" I am going to make an infinity scarf with it.

Flavored Popcorn - Yes please!

Chocolate - for the hubs.
These are empty, Chuck and Mike took care of that during our visit.


And there were flowers too...purple flowers!!

Stop it now...it's all just too good to be true!!

14 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Well, how great is that?!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, now that is a wonderful welcome and awesome goodie bag. Love the flowers too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Sue (this n that) said...

aw how very thoughtful and loving... goodie bag. What a sweet welcome!

It's gorgeous when our dear ones know us so well to remember all our favourite things. Hugs 😊

Marie Smith said...

After the long drive, the reception must have felt heavenly. Such a thoughtful couple!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

When son and his Beloved, treat you like this, you are Super Happy people!!!!

Of course you are.

I can feel the Love, just reading this post.

Lots and lots of gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

Farm Girl said...

What a nice sweet welcome. I love that color of yarn. I bet you felt so loved.
Thanks for sharing. Everything is lovely.

Michelle said...

What a welcome!

LeAnn said...

Wow, this was so awesome! What a delightful goodies bag. They did know your hearts on this one. It is so fun to feel so loved. You two deserve that great welcome. Blessings and hugs for all!

Ruth Hiebert said...

All so special, just right for you.

The Furry Gnome said...

Very thoughtful!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

They obviously know you so very well and yes I too would be over the moon with those gorgeous goodies. Have a wonderful week :)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how neat is that, they thought of everything, such a wonderful welcome to their home :) Look forward to your scarf, that will give you something to do on the trip home :)

Lowcarb team member said...

So thoughtful.
I love those flowers ...

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

Truly so thoughtful, Debbie, and all of those goodies...
Oh my goodness!
xo.