Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Chapel Hill, The Final Chapter...

- This is a mural -
I love Chapel Hill, so much so, that I could move there
and live happily ever after!
- seriously -
It has beautiful undeveloped land, and lot's of it.
There are a lot of new homes and developments, charming vintage homes,
open spaces and farms.

And it has Michael!

The downtown area is filled with these amazing murals...
next time we visit, 
there will be a "mural trip" - one hour devoted to photographing all the amazing murals!


And there was this amazing double rainbow...

We slept in a hotel each night, a brand new Hyatt.
So new, that we are pretty sure no one had ever 
peed in the commode, showered in the shower or slept in the bed.
How nice is that!!
Lila had to work during the day but she stayed with Mike at night.

I forgot to take a picture of our room...

they had amazing purple pottery...
it was glued down, or it would have come home with me.


The Hyatt was about 10 minutes from Mike's, this was the view right before Michaels house,
each day when I saw this, I knew we were almost there.


Every day we passed this truck, on the last day, the hubs pulled over so I could get a picture.

1947 Iowa Plates

We saw this little guy at the pool -
we didn't go for a swim, I was on a picture excursion.

And look what he can do with his neck, pretty cool huh??!!

Well, that's it for Chapel Hill, North Carolina, I can't wait to go back!!

16 comments:

Laura. M said...

Beautiful Debbie murals. They are great entertainers. Very friendly the little 😊 guy in the pool.
Good wednesday.
Besos.

Changes in the wind said...

What a pretty place!! Loved that purple pottery too.

Marie Smith said...

What a beautiful place. A mix of old and new, greenery and incredible murals! No wonder you love it, and the best part, family!

Adam said...

neat murals

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful area!!!!! Simply beautiful...

Had to show my husband, the old truck!!!! He has a 1950 five window Chevy truck.

The old license plate, on this one, says 1947....

Luna Crone

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie!:) What an interesting post,...packed with superb pictures. Great murals, beautiful pottery, gorgeous views, and a beautiful green lizard.:)

21 Wits said...

Oh my, this is a lovely city, and the little guy by the pool is the cutest. I've never seen a mural with number painting before and that is just cool!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

pretty purple stuff (and others)

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

Rainbows are always so amazing. And you saw a double! I hope you had a fabulous visit with your son, and I also hope he is feeling better/recovering. Enjoy home, although I know you keep so busy that you'll probably be off on another trip any moment now... xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. That little green guy was really showing off for you.

Judy said...

Would you really have stolen the purple glass ware?
They would have added the price to your credit card. HAH!

Anvilcloud said...

Those murals look awesome.

Lowcarb team member said...

That double rainbow looks great, don't often see them.
Loved the purple pottery.
That little green chap ... simply amazing.

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

This looks like a wonderful trip! Sharing time with special people is where I always want to be.

LeAnn said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip and it does look like a beautiful place to visit and live. I know how it feels to want to live close to a child. I am sure it is tempting.
The double rainbow is so lovely and unusual. The purple pottery; sweet!. The scenry photos are stunning. I do love the truck from Iowa. I have always loved old cars; they bring back memories. Loved this one! Sending loving thoughts your way and hugs too!

Sue (this n that) said...

Oooh I nearly missed this post. Lucky I'm working backwards in my Reading List ;D)
Love the murals - they're so good, especially the post card one! Goodness, a double rainbow - bet that gave you both a lovely feeling to be seeing that.
The newest of new hotel too! Oh yes, that plate would have definitely gone home to many places by now for sure heh heh. I had a little chuckle that you knew they were all glued down ;D) Your colours too!
That little lizard fellow is gorgeous too! Great snapping Debbie xx