Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Note-Able Tote

I am still getting the Darby Smart, once per month craft kits
and I am completely in love with them. 
Their customer service is also excellent, 
as I had a problem with one of my kits
and they replaced it immediately, with something different,
as I had requested.
So in my book, they get an A+ in customer service.

 This month's kit was a Chalkboard Bag, or as they called it...
The Note-Able Tote
The only thing not included in the box was painter's tape,
no problem, I have enough painter's tape 
to tape up and paint New Jersey.

 The bag had to be ironed, yuck...why do I even own an iron,
but "whew", good thing I do!!

 One side of the bag looked like this, 
I'm not sure you were suppose to cover it,
but I didn't care for it, so I used this side as my working side.
I did measure a bit but you can "wing it"
I wish I were a "wing it" kinda' girl, but I'm not and I measured.

 I went with "sticks & strings", 
as I need a bag to carry small knitting projects.
I really do, you better not be laughing...I really needed this!!

 Chalkboard paint goes over top,

 two coats so it covers well, and yes that is an "oops" to the right,
thanks for noticing...
we will have to deal with that later.

It gets a sealing coat...

 and the letters come off after 20 minutes and they came off easily.

 I put 2 pins on it, to dress it up and cover the paint I dripped on it.

 Now remember, it's a chalkboard,

 so you write on the front, the items you want to bring with you.
Totally necessary, right??!!
Well, I needed it and I love it...
now who's been crafting and what have you been making??

Sharing with

24 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

What a wonderful craft to make for yourself!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning Debbie! Yes, I can see why this tote bag was totally necessary. You can not live without one, or is it one more to your collection, lol. Looks like a fun project! Enjoy ! Happy Tuesday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Of course you needed that bag and perhaps more down the road. I have done my share of crafting and know that we can never have too many supplies.Keep on having fun.

TexWisGirl said...

very cute - even with the jersey oops. :)

TexWisGirl said...

and i'm totally with you on the iron.

Christine said...

So crafty & creative Debbie! It looks great & seemed fun & easy to make. It will be a bonus having this trendy knitting tote!

Sally said...

Excuse me, but what is an IRON? :)

Okay, I love what you did and yes, you needed it. And, of course I'm laughing! :)

xoxo

Adrienne said...

Completely adorable! And I believe you know how to fix the "oops" because of the many scrapbooking goofs we all make and fix along the way! And you had me laughing on the iron bit - we do still have one - but I'm not completely sure it works!! ha!

21 Wits said...

Very cute, and so crafty!

Farm Girl said...

That is just lovely Debbie, I love that you measure. I like to measure, but I am more by the seat of my pants. :) I loved that you had that much tape. That bag is so cute.
No crafty things going on here. I just planted a ton of bulbs. Mostly yard work going on here.
Getting everything cleaned and ready for winter. Really because it is not a million degrees and we can get caught up.
Have a lovely day.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Beautiful bag.
I am delighted with it.
Greetings.
Lucia

LeAnn said...

I did love your tutorial on this one. I am amazed at these fun crafts. Regretfully, I won't be into crafts for a while. However, I am not into crafts very often anyway. Blessings and hugs~

Lowcarb team member said...

Hey I think that bag looks great ... and I wouldn't have noticed that drip of paint!

Well Done

All the best Jan

Sharon M said...

That's really cool. And if I had made it, you'd better believe that there would be waaay more oops moments. Funny about the ironing. I only use mine when I have to iron cloth backgrounds for photos. I never use it on my clothes. I made some wooden floor drops for photography this week, so I've been more "crafty" than usual.

Bonnie said...

Oh how creative....love it!

Michelle said...

I like this very much! Turned out great!!!

Cathy H. said...

Love the tote! You did an excellent job!

The Furry Gnome said...

So simple Nd so clever!

Conniecrafter said...

That is just too cute, and I totally understand the NEED part of it ;) You did an excellent job of getting the box perfectly straight and I love your idea for covering up the boo boo (yes I noticed) Wow that writes great on it too. Love the little sneak peek to your project there.
I wanted to make a few gifts for my girlfriends for Christmas but a great idea hasn't jumped out for me yet, may end up buying something.

Leanne Coppola said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! You may not be a "wing it girl" but I'll get you to be one :) You did a great job and I think it's adorable and of course totally NEEDED. Love it!

Unknown said...

Really, Debbie, how perfect is this???
I love it!

Judy Goddard said...

Hi again!
Felted slippers for hubby and BFF and matching Christmas stocking for my son and his girlfriend.
Mighty flashing needles! I love the tote bag! I'll have to look into that!
God bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim said...

What a brilliant idea! I love your fun bag!!

Stephanie said...

Simply delightful, Debbie! I love that you can write on the bag! How clever :)

Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration.