Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Click...Click

go my knitting sticks!!

I am still working on my 400 yard scarf, it has grown by one third,
and I am still so in love with the homestead tweed yarn.

I was able to visit my favorite farm on Sunday,

Arrow Acres Farm
The Coop is open 
and 
their new yarn is in stock from the Alpacas that call this farm home.

I was so excited to buy some of Maggie's yarn...

it's such a beautiful color.
I am still debating what I am going to make with it.
My knitting teacher Leanne is going to guide me with that decision.

And here's Maggie, you can see why her yarn is so beautiful,
she is one of my favorite Alpacas on the farm!
If you stop by tomorrow, you will see just how friendly she is!

I am joining Ginny at Small Things 
for
Yarn Along

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you're so cute. i'm so glad you've found this knitting passion and straight-from-the-source yarn supply. :) i know it brings you joy.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning Debbie! It is nice to have a hobby you enjoy so much like knitting. The alpaca is just adorable, I wish I lived close enough to visit. Have a happy day!

Farm Girl said...

I love your Yarn Along days! I think that is special that you get to buy yarn from someone you know personally, (Maggie) That is so cool.
Your scarf is growing and is so nice. My daughter Emilie is coming over and we are going to knit today.
She is a pro, while I am not. :) I am going to knit a wash cloth.
Have a lovely day today Debbie. With lots of knitting.

21 Wits said...

Maggie is adorable, and I like the little bunny in your first photo too!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Hello Dear Debbie!
Your wool and shawl has a beautiful color.
I like it very much.
Meggie is wonderful. I look forward to further your post.
Kisses and greetings.
Lucia

Bethany Carson said...

That is so neat to know the alpacas your yarn comes from. Your scarf is lovely and coming along very nicely!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am pleasaed you have this hobby that brings you greast joy.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the sound of click ... click!

Maggie looks adorable, looking forward to reading more about her.

Hope your week is going well.

All the best Jan

Leanne Coppola said...

You make me so happy!!!!! Love watching you enjoy the knitting and of course we LOVE seeing you at the farm. Always a highlight of our day!!!!! I think I know what you should make with the Maggie yarn. I'll send you some ideas.

BeachGypsy said...

Oh my gosh maggie is a beauty for sure!!!! And you are doing great on your project for sure!

BeachGypsy said...

Oh my gosh maggie is a beauty for sure!!!! And you are doing great on your project for sure!

Montanagirl said...

Great looking project, and Maggie is pretty cute!!

Judy said...

I just received my first pair of Bamboo knitting sticks. Oh My!!! I love them.
I wonder what sound a crochet hooks makes? :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Maggie is very cute!

Conniecrafter said...

How neat to make something out of your favorite animal... look forward to seeing what you decide on, looking good on that scarf!!