Wednesday, March 2, 2011

8 Years Ago Today......

I received a diagnosis that forever changed my life. This butterfly will always remind me of today and how empowered and free I feel!!!!

Bucket List
1. Tattoo


Fat Kat Tattoo
I was a tad excited!!

I just LOVE this sign!!!!!

Chuck made the appointment a few weeks before so I could get the tattoo on the very significant day of March 2nd. My first and only thought was a purple flower and I stayed with a purple flower until the day before. The day before my appointment we went up to the shop to drop off my picture, that's when I saw the beautiful butterfly on display. At that moment, I knew I was getting that butterfly. So symbolic, so me............

"The main symbol used for Journey of Hearts has been that of the butterfly since this insect undergoes a major transformation process as part of its normal life cycle. The butterfly was also selected because many cultures view it as a symbol of joy, happiness, of spring, rebirth and renewal."

after the tattoo, we went here......
we took the long way!!!!!
long story......
there was a super nice guy who helped with our cupcake choices
there was a little "showing off" of the tattoo AND high fives......
a celebration of sorts!!!!!! 


 
Sugarush, in Redbank


banana cupcakes
that were still warm
they were VERY good, but felt more like breakfast then desert!!!!


and these........
just because 2 were not enough!!!!


magnificent sky on our journey home.......
I just love nature!!!!!!!

Today was perfect!!


1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

God bless you and your beautiful butterfly soul...