And because I did that, I decided to share some "Fun Facts" about summer.
Who doesn't love ice cream, especially in the summer?
Whether its a cone at your favorite ice cream shop, or a massive tub in the freezer at home,
it is usually a part of your summer diet!
One favorite snack in the summer is watermelon...did you know it is a vegetable?
It is...
this is due to the unique way it is planted and the way it grows...it is a close relative to squash.
People argue this point, and I get it, but nonetheless, wouldn't it be great to be eating watermelon and know you are getting your veggies for the day.
Next time you decide to complain about the heat during the summer,...
on July 10th 1913, the temperatures reached a scorching 134 degrees in California.
The longest day of the year, is the same as the shortest.
Thunderstorms are more common in the summer and we all know I love a good thunderstorm.
We have the most sunlight in summer, and the best fireworks.
My favorite thing about summer is the fresh produce and all the colorful flowers.
5 comments:
What a lovely post, so nice to hear all the delightful stats about summer….your hydrangeas are stunning…mine are just about gone…bloomed early and fading early…but I so very much enjoyed them while here…as I know you are enjoying all your beautiful blooms…I love, LOVE summer, thanks for a great visit.xox
Have the best day, Virginia
I love all seasons and truly try not to rush them. I do have things about each season (yes, even the well loved Spring and Fall) that I don't care for but there also some amazing things like you pointed out about summer about each season.
Oh, those hydrangeas are beautiful.
All seasons have there pro's and cons ... but my favourite two are Autumn and Spring.
Those hydrangeas are lovely.
All the best Jan
We are huge fans of two of summer's delights -- watermelon and ice cream and also fresh cherries as this is peak season.
Post a Comment