Sunday, April 7, 2024

Saturday Critters #538

I apologize for not updating the blog in my absence, 
I have a pretty bad case of Covid and today is my first day up and moving around, just a little.
I went to the ER on Tuesday and received some help and medication while I was there.
The hubs has it too and as of today, we are both still testing positive.

A few people asked me about the 4.8 earthquake on Friday morning that rocked New Jersey.
We definitely felt it, the whole house shook, but we did not have any damage.
I don't think there were any reports of major damage in New Jersey but I have not seen the news.

Now, on to the fun, good stuff...

Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge

This refuge center is about an hours drive from home and one of the best I have ever visited.
It protects more than 48,000 acres of southern New Jerseys coastal habitats and wetlands.
There are several hiking trails and one 8 mile wildlife drive, 
where you can stay in your car and observe the wildlife from the comfort of your vehicle.
You are permitted to leave your car to take pictures.
There were so many reeds and so much vegetation growing along the shoreline,
it was difficult, at times, to get good, if any, pictures.
They have a recorded bird list with over 360 species sighted.
I took over 400 pictures when we visited this past Easter Sunday, 
so I have a lot to share and will be sharing them over a period of time.

Our first sighting, these Canadian Geese in their beautifully built nest...



then these 2 still in construction mode.


There were so many Green-Winged Teal Ducks, most were completely out of my cameras lens.


I saw this which I thought was an Otter.

And from the refuge, this is the view of Atlantic City.
It was kinda' cool and yet it also took away from the natural spot you were in and viewing.
This is a wonderful natural habitat, if you are ever in the area and get the chance to go.
I will be sharing lots more over the next few weeks.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

13 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

I had a feeling you might be sick Debbie. Was happy to see your post today " yay she's back!"--- but sorry to hear you're sick.GET WELL SOON!!! Take care of yourself and hubby too. Go outside for some fresh air if you feel up to it

Jean said...

Hope you and Chuck feel better soon! Wishing the sunshine helps with your recovery. Hugs to you both!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better soon. Love the pictures of the teal, they are just beautiful!

Kay said...

Oh Debbie... I'm sorry you caught that dreaded virus. Art caught it returning from Dubai and he was quarantined for 10+ days until he tested negative. It was not easy for the rest of us too. Thank goodness you are getting better and have the meds. And thank goodness you didn't get any damage. What a scary time for you.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
So sorry you and your hubby have COVID, it is so unpleasant whilst it lasts, but thank you for these beautiful photos of the Canada Geese, and Green-winged Teal.
Get well soon.
Sonjia

Marie Smith said...

That Covid is such a nuisance. Health department here recommends another vaccination this spring for those over 65. We had one late November so I am not decided on it yet.

Hope you both recover completely and soon, Debbie.

Glad the earthquake didn’t cause any damage. A lot going on this past week.

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry to read that both you and your hubby have COVID ... not nice.
I send you lots of feel better soon wishes.

So pleased that the earthquake didn't cause you any problems.

I enjoyed seeing your photographs of the Canada Geese and the Green-winged Teal.

All the best Jan




Bonnie K said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. Covid is no fun. Beautiful photos. Love the teals. Thank you for sharing, despite not feeling well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I am so sorry you and your hubby both have COVID, sending healing prayers. I hope you both feel better and back to normal! This refuge is one of my favorites to visit. Great shots of the geese and the cute Teal ducks. I am glad you did not have any damage from the earthquake. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad your getting better! And great pictures, especially of the ducks.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery from Covid! Sounds like you had a rough go of it.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh no!!! I wasn't going to comment on every post I missed but couldn't let this one go without sending hope that you (both) are already better. I had Covid last summer in Oregon and I know it is no fun whatsoever. I was tired tired tired even after I finally tested negative and I am beyond impressed that you are able to blog while recovering. Sending Hugs (virtual ones are always OK, right?). Get Well -- Stay Well.

Conniecrafter said...

So sorry to hear you both got Covid, I hope your feeling better means you are quick to kicking it's butt!
Glad you got a little trip in before getting covid, that sure sounds like a fun place for nature viewing. I don't think I have seen any of the last duck.
It has been crazy around here so I am just now getting to the blogs I have missed.