Thursday, November 16, 2023

This & That

 This area is all a buzz as there is a Limpkin in Wall Township which is the town right next to mine.
It made the local news last night, 
there were about 50 photographers out front of the man's home where it was...I was not one of them.
The news lets you in on the town, but not the address, of course, 
so it looks like I will not be getting a picture. It looks a bit like a turkey, brown, no color, 
but still it is an unusual sighting here as this bird is usually seen in parts south, Georgia and Florida.
I'm not sure how long it will hang around here, we have been having some very cold nights.

Out for a drive yesterday, I saw this cute display for Thanksgiving.
I have seen a few others, but have not stopped for a picture.

I got my nails done while we were out, I keep them very short and pink.

I started my September book club book.
I hope I can get through it, 408 pages and the print seems a little bit small to me.

I made some egg salad last evening, I have been dying for it.

Hard boiling eggs perfectly cooked is so easy...
start with your eggs in cold water, when the water comes to a boil, turn off the flame,
cover them, and wait exactly 10 minutes and they will look like this once you chop them.

I like it simple, mayo, just a small squirt of mustard, a little salt and a little onion powder and that's it.

Made and cut into little tea sandwiches, they needed something to fancy them up,
but it was just the hubs and I and we were too hungry to wait!


I took these two pictures on a recent walk around the reservoir, our sunsets have been so pretty.


My wildflower garden is still producing a lot of flowers, 
primarily marigolds and a few cosmos and zinnia here and there.

6 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Those Limpkins are showing up in different areas lately.
Your egg salad looks yummy, I make mine the same way.
Your flowers are pretty! Love the gorgeous sunset photos.
Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

The blooms are gorgeous this late in the year. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is so soon. Where did this month go?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your egg salad looks wonderful.
Great sunset pictures.
The sky was bright red pink here in Vermont last night.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I'd never heard of a Limpkin before, had to look it up. Very interesting bird!

BeachGypsy said...

your nails are super pretty, Debbie! And oh gosh, I DO SO LOVE EGG SALAD! Not many people seem to make it/serve it anymore. I make mine just like you do. Once in awhile, I may add a dash of pickle relish or finely diced celery. I love a good egg salad sandwich. Are you busy getting ready for Thanksgiving? Are you cooking, eating out, or going to family or are they coming to you?

Sandi said...

I like your ring!