Tuesday, September 19, 2023

The Dazzling Dahlias

 On our recent trip to Holland Ridge Farms
we saw a wide variety of flowers, not just Sunflowers.
The Dahlias were gorgeous, the colors vibrant, each stem stood tall, the blooms reaching for the sun.
When I try to grow these suckers they always fall over and are covered in ants.
These were not!






There had to be thousands of Dahlias, in every color you could imagine.

They had six of these adorable spots to take pictures, 
each themed after a different flower.


- The Dahlia Diner was adorable -



It was the perfect day...
the sun was out, it was 70 degrees and the sky was a beautiful blue.
Perfect also because I spent the day with this guy,
we had a really nice time!

- dahlia flowers symbolize elegance, inner strength, creativity, change and dignity -

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

My mother always grew dahlias. Nothing like these beauties you featured though. Such a wonderful excursion, Debbie!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The Dahlias are beautiful, I love the colors too.
The little photo huts are cute, great photos.
Take care, have a happy day!

Leanne Coppola said...

They're so pretty. You guys look very cute in the pink booth!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

What is it about Dahlias that the ants love so much. That is the one thing I remember about them when my mom had them growing up. So many ants!

DeniseinVA said...

What fun! Those dahlias are certainly picture perfect.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great photos of you two in a really cute diner!

Lowcarb team member said...

The Dahlias look beautiful and such wonderful colours.
I like the photographs of you two in the diner.

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

they have such CUTE places set up to take pictures there, FUN!! love seeing all the gorgeous flowers. I am definetly trying to grow those next summer. Not sure how they do in a really hot climate, I will try though.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh they are certainly gorgeous, I love the pink ones with a touch of yellow :) How fun they have one of these little booths for each flower :)
It does sound like the perfect day out for sure!

obscure said...

Oh I just booked tickets to take my mom there - we did it for tulips in the spring and it was so amazing! Now I'm excited to go