Saturday, September 23, 2023

Saturday Critters #510

Having the perfect spot when fishing is crucial.....this guy had it.
He caught fish after fish and no matter how close I got to him, he would not fly off.
He knew what he had and 
he was not going to give up this awesome fishing spot for some crazy lady with a camera.
- I say he, it could be a she, they are difficult to tell apart -

The Gray Heron



Poor fish, crying for help...if you look closely you can see it's mouth open!



I can't believe how close I got to this Heron right out in the open.
It definitely saw me, kept its eyes on me and in a way, it interacted with me.
A great fisher with an awesome fishing spot!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

12 comments:

Rian said...

Wow! Great pics, Debbie! That Heron stood his ground.

21 Wits said...

Oh, my goodness Debbie what a catch not only for him but for you capturing it!
What gorgeous views too! Betting his breakfast was tasty too! Enjoy your weekend and more moments soaking up nature!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Some very great shots. Makes me glad we are at the top of the food chain so something is not trying to gobble us up!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The heron had a great fishing spot, why give up.
Your photos are beautiful, I love the Herons.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

RedPat said...

He had a beakfull there. Poor fish though.

TexWisGirl said...

Really neat!

Hena Tayeb said...

You got some brilliant shots!

Marie Smith said...

Great shots, Debbie. The food was the focus though it knew you were there.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Impressive heron fishing photos!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think he's playing with his food...heehee! Beautiful photos up close!

Mae Travels said...

If he could fly after eating all those fish it would be remarkable!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, fantastic photos Debbie!