Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Office Makeover

Remodeling the dining room and making it into a "real" office, 
which is what we have been using it for, took a lot longer than we thought it would. 
We took advantage of the recent heat wave, 
stayed home and gave the room the finishing touches it needed.
I am really happy with how things finished up and the office is a joy to work in now.
I only took two pictures before we started, the room was a complete disaster. 


When I took these pictures I had already started because I see the china cabinet is empty.


- drum roll, drum roll please -

Welcome to our new office!
I replaced all of the furniture, and the room functions completely as a home office now.
This table came from Pottery Barn.

We took up the carpet, put down hardwood floors and these area rugs which I love.


These 3 cabinets I purchased from Ballard Designs are awesome.
I was so nervous about the floor color I picked, I was afraid it was too dark,
but I adore the floors and could not be happier.
We painted the walls Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray, another choice I could not be happier with.

While we are working in the office,
I open the center desk which holds a third laptop, the one I use for work documents.
All of the drawers in this furniture function as file cabinets and are used for work and personal files.


I sit next to and look out this window while I work...
I have a great view of the river.
The blinds are woven wood in a wheat color, they are the only item I am on the fence about.
We have total privacy in our backyard...we keep them in the up position mostly, so they will probably stay.

I am not going to add curtains/drapes, I know they are pretty but I find them to be huge dust collectors.


The view if you turn back while walking in to the living room.
The hubs needs but does not want a new chair.
I'm still working on that.

This area is next to the big window 
and holds 2 fun file cabinets and our shredder.
It all fit perfectly.

I found this cute cabinet at Home Goods,
the hubs uses it to keep/hide his day to day papers.

The living room is almost done, all of the furniture is in place,
I am still working on the finishing touches.
Finding what I want has been more difficult than I thought.

19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful job, Debbie. That setting will mean it will hardly feel like work when you are there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

Your office looks beautiful, a lovely room to do your work.
Take care, have a happy day!

janie said...

looks very nice. Enjoy your new space. :)

Rian said...

Really like the grey walls and that rug! It all looks comfortable and convenient. And you don't need curtains. The wheat blinds and the work table work together beautifully.

obscure said...

That looks amazing!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow! Your office is beautiful!
Good work there. The colors are perfect, calm, stylish, classy. The big table is very nice.

Latane Barton said...

What a fantastic work space. It turned out so nice. I know you are glad that is over and done with.

проститутки бишкекa said...

thank you

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Beautiful renovation and what a great use of the space. Much more functional than its previous state. Love that Home Goods cabinet!

DrumMajor said...

Beautiful! You have not been goofing off. Linda in Kansas

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Oh my. Your office is beautiful. I too would sit next to the window, but I have a feeling, that with that view, I wouldn't get much done. We bought a wine cabinet from Home Goods, when we lived in Texas and it's one of my favourite pieces.

Bonnie K said...

Great set up. Very elegant.

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing! You did great with all of your style choices. I really love the new wood table desk and the wood floors!

DeniseinVA said...

All that hard work paid off. It looks great!

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie it looks great! I love it. Yall did a great job. It looks roomy too.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh the room looks terrific, I do like the dark floors and your rug and the cabinet really brighten the room up, I don't have many curtains in my home either, I do have a few valances and even those collect dust.
I love the view you have, great work space!

Linda said...

WOW!! I love it all!!! What a beautiful room and I love your view!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh wow! I really love it! It's such a nice big room and perfect for an office. You can never have too many shelves and you've used a lot of different shelves to mix it up. I like the shades too and the floor is gorgeous. A nice big table is the answer and gives you room to spread out. Our dining room is a library and I love it. Enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS I love that big rug! It brings in the outdoors...colors of the sky and river!