Thursday, September 7, 2023

In The Kitchen

 It has been really hot here at the shore, the highs have been 95 degrees the last few days,
the lows, if you can call it that, have been around 72.
You can't really go anywhere...so I have been cooking a lot more.
The air conditioning works great, I use the stovetop primarily, so cooking does not heat up the house.

Taco Bowls
This was a Home Chef meal but it was just like a taco in a bowl.
The bowls stood up well until I filled them, then "ploop", over they went...but they were fun and delicious.

The hubs makes these Chicken Kabobs and Foil Packets of Potatoes all summer long.
They are cooked on the grill.

I make these Bacon and Egg Biscuits in the morning, we don't like the usual cheese on these.

Blackened Chicken Over Creamy Farfalle Pasta
- Home Chef -

Diced Chicken Noodle Bowl with Red Cabbage and Sesame Dressing
- Home Chef -

Teriyaki Chicken Cutlet with Sushi Rice and Sweet Potatoes
There is Rice under the Sweet Potatoes, I'm sure they gave us too many Sweet Potatoes,
I should have plated this differently.
- Home Chef -

I've made a bunch of soups...
Even though it is not really soup weather, 
we love soup and I don't have to turn on the oven to make it.
All of the soups were 
- Home Chef -

Butternut Squash Chowder with Potatoes and Spinach

Zuppa Toscana with Sausage, Spinach and Potatoes

One Pot Creamy Chicken Chowder
with Crispy Tortillas

Sausage Rigatoni with Tomato Cream Sauce
and Garlic Bread
- Home Chef -

Home Chef also offers breakfast items we love, waffles, quiche, banana bread...
lunch items, we like the salads in a bag,
and deserts as well, we enjoy a few that they offer.
The items are fresh when they arrive, although this summer some of the produce has been marginal.
You can order as many meals as you want each week, I usually order 3, 
and you can also skips weeks when needed, or you just don't like what they are offering.

- this post is not sponsored -

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Your meal all look delicious! Looks like Home Chef has some great choices.
I hope this weather cools off soon. Take care, have a great day!

Leanne Coppola said...

Everything looks delicious. I have been craving soup but I feel like it needs to be cooler to eat it! I'm so ready for this hot weather to leave. Fall here we come!!

Brian King said...

This looks fantastic! There is nothing here I wouldn't eat! I'm glad Home Chef has worked out so well for you!

Sandi said...

The meals look yummy, but what really caught my eye is that adorable polka dot bowl! 💙

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

The food looks delicious. We love soups. They all look appetizing.
Hugs and greetings.

Marie Smith said...

The meals look great! I understand not using the oven when it’s so hot.

BeachGypsy said...

I come to your blog and now my stomach is GROWLING!! ALL of it looks delicious but especially the grill foil packets hubby made! Glad you went traipsing the old plantation with me and yes I DO ENJOY making pictures of my dolls LOL

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those look like some hearty fall food. Bring on autumn! It was 38 here the other morning.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your meals look great.

All the best Jan

Susie said...

Debbie, All the dishes looked so good...now where did you say you kids lived? LOL . I have been eating fairly lite this summer. Just do not even want to cook. Once in a while I will make something and have to share it with my daughter who lives near...because I still have not learned to cook for one. Blessings to you and Steve, xoxo, Susie

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh, I wish I lived at your house!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Yummm! Your chicken chowder really looks good and it looks like that is not Home Chef? (I mean they all look good, but that one really appealed to me). We like soup in warm weather (and that's a good thing because we don't much do winter.) although this year we will be here in Oregon longer. so we'll see all of Fall and a bit of Winter maybe even, but of course althouogh our part of Oregon does have all four seasons Winter's not as cold as yours.

Linda said...

Every thing you made looks amazing! My youngest son has ordered meals this way....
I haven't. But they look so good!
107 here today in Texas and 107 tomorrow and then we go back down to the 90's and rain may be on the way later. Hopefully we will be DONE with the triple digits!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

All of those look so yummy. I don't think I have ever heard of home chef. I'll have to check that out. I am so ready for fall and those soups just look and sound delicious!

DeniseinVA said...

Yum on all these meals. Home Chef certainly has a good reputation and going by what you get from them, well deserved.