Monday, June 27, 2022

One Of My Favorite Places To Go


is the Point Pleasant Inlet...taking boats out to or in from the ocean.
Choppy water, lined with jetty rocks, it is a place I find to be very peaceful.



Only 10 minutes from home, we stop here all the time, often visiting before driving home.
We sat here on our first date and talked for hours, something that came easy for us.
Conversation - it was effortless!
I take pictures every time we visit...I don't need pictures,
 I have plenty saved on my computer, I just can't help myself.
These 2 pictures were taken on June 3rd .


The rest are some favorites from here, 
the boats vary in type, all beautiful in their own way.
I'll show the pleasure boats today, the commercial fishing crafts tomorrow.












"Our" lock hangs here on the fence provided at the inlet, just to the left of the second "P"!


- the goal is not to sail the boat, but rather to help the boat sail itself -

8 comments:

Susan Zarzycki said...

Debbie, your are talking my language today. I love boats and the ocean. You have brightened my day with your lovely blog posts as usual. ❤️

Marie Smith said...

Love this post. Boats and water…perfect!

BeachGypsy said...

Spotted your lock right away--- the beautiful PURPLE color! Prettiest lock ever! Nice fancy boats-- very expensive! LOL Monday is here-- have a great week! Oh-- and thanks for telling me about the water behind your house--- and how to cook those "taters"!-- they look delicious. Hope you can get in the pool this week

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I can easily see why this is your favourite place. So beautiful, for your first date and so many more after that.

-Soma

The Furry Gnome said...

I remember some of those boats!

Linda said...

I can almost smell the salty air and hear the seagulls call!

DrumMajor said...

Beautiful views! Surprised to see people with their sun towels directly on the rocks. Linda in Kansas

Conniecrafter said...

Greg and I were just talking that is how we feel out at Peabody Nature reserve near us, it feels almost like a second home. Of course your area has a lot more traffic :)