Monday, June 20, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 I've done it again...planted way too many vegetables in my raised garden beds.
Everything looks wonderful, green, healthy...
but wow, everything is huge already, I definitely over planted.

Let me show you guys what I am talking about...

That's a lot of healthy right there, right? 
I have 2 raised beds that are overflowing.

That is Yellow Squash in the front, choking out my Cucumber plants which are in the back.
The Tomato Plant to the right is from the garden center.

I prefer starting with seeds, it is so much more rewarding.


Most of what I planted was started with seeds.
There are two Tomato Plants that I purchased at my garden center.
That's Iceberg Lettuce on the far right, we have eaten a lot but it grows like a weed.
There is Butterhead Lettuce behind it that came back from last year.

My Herbs are in the pots on the sidewalk.
The hubs planted Wildflower seeds along the deck.
Right now they look like weeds but I am hopeful.


These are Spirea that grow along the sidewalk
connecting the front and back yard.


The hubs planted these Vinca this year, around the mailbox.
They have not been doing well, 
I think they are getting too much water from the sprinklers.
He weeded and put down peat moss, 
we are controlling how much water they get,
I hope that helps.

- we might think that we are nurturing our garden, but in fact, it is our garden that is nurturing us -

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your last statement is so true. Nature gives us the lift we need if we can only recognize it. My garden isn’t planted yet. The plants grown from seed need a few days to strengthen. Yours are gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

It is taking off, I know what you mean this is my first year of planting cherry tomatoes and oh my goodness it is dwarfing over the green peppers I planted, I only have one pepper from two plants but I have tons of tomatoes that are popping and the plant is probably 4 times the size already. just crazy! It is always fun to see what you get from the wild flowers. Like your flowers along the walk there too! Good luck with the ones around your mailbox, it is so hard telling what could be causing problems with them

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your flowers are beautiful. We have some Spirea and it looks beautiful this year. Your veggie garden looks fantastic. I would love some fresh grown lettuce. Great nature quote. Take care, have a great new week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie
I went through your posts and commented on every one, but came back to see nothing!!!

So just to let you know I am visiting but blogger is really messing about with commenting recently.
I will try again as anonymous :)

Sending my good wishes

All the best Jan
From the low carb diabetic

PS it may be worth checking your spam folder because sometimes I have found comments (incorrectly) go into spam.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those veggies look amazing!

DrumMajor said...

It all looks wonderful! Love the horizontal string threaded at the tops of the vertical tomato cages through the length of the garden, up in the air. If the vines get that high, you'll be drowning! Linda in Kansas

Sandi said...

It looks wonderful!

Brian King said...

Great job! Your garden looks awesome! Always better to have too much. Some of our stuff has been slow this year.

MarmePurl said...

Got to Love it when the garden nurtures oneself!

Sally said...

Wow - you weren't kidding, and everything looks so healthy!

xoxo