Friday, October 27, 2017

My Goodies From Rhinebeck...

I did not buy any yarn at 
The Sheep & Wool Festival...
I was a little overwhelmed and although the girls helped me,
I don't really think I knew what I wanted.
- They can just buy yarn -
 They look at yarn and know what they want to make with it.
For me, I need to know what I want to make and then look for yarn.
No worries though - I have plenty of yarn!

So I bought other stuff...

This bowl was my favorite purchase...

until I bought this felted bag on Sunday, and this ended up being my favorite purchase.

I bought little things like this, that I don't really need but I really wanted.
In the front are cute little stitch markers...
with balls...you have to be a knitter to get how cute they are.


I bought this roving wool to finally make my felted soap.

My friend Robin who traveled with Leanne and I, gifted each of us a skein of yarn,

and these beautiful stitch markers.


Seashore Sharon who stayed with us, gifted each of us the beautiful sachet 
and Paige, who also stayed with us, gave us each a paper sheep printed on a 3-D printer.

20 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

well...at least you have souvenirs and wonderful memories

Sandi said...

Cute sheep bowl! :)

Farm Girl said...

I love that bowl too. What fun goodies Debbie. I am so glad you had such a nice time.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

How cool is the 3D paper sheep!!!
Love all of your fantastic goodies!
Have an amazing weekend :)

Sally said...

You bought some really cute things, Debbie! Yes, I love the bowl also.

I was thinking about the purchasing of yarn, and if you were working on a project using that yarn and ran out, what would you do? Rambling sentence, I know but remembering back when I knitted, ran out, I'd have to go back with the skein # to buy more. Does that make sense? :)

xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

More lovely reminders, of a fabbbbbbbbbbulous time!

That bowl is so cute.

Happy Haunting!
Luna Crone

Liz Hinds said...

That is a 3-d printed sheep? Wow! Love the bowl.

Marie Smith said...

My MIL had so much wool in the attic of their house we were sure it increased its R value.

You showed great restraint, Debbie!

BeachGypsy said...

I have NO IDEA what sTITCH marKERS are-- but they sure are cute as can be!!

Brian King said...

Nice haul! :-)

The Furry Gnome said...

Good retail therapy!

Kim said...

Some lovely purchases there, Debbie. I think my favourite is that sweet little felted bag. Those ball markers are cool; I have not seen anything like these before.

UplayOnline said...

Does that make sense? :)


แตกใน xxx

21 Wits said...

Wonderful goodies! I bet it was quite a tough decision what to get. I know it happens to me a lot!

LeAnn said...

What wonderful treasures you bought and received. These will certainly keep the memory of your adventure alive. I do think the felted bad is just awesome; so you! I am amazed that you didn't come home with lots of yarn. However, I think I am a bit like you I need to know what I am making before choosing the material for it.
I can tell you had a ton of fun on this wonderful trip. Blessings and hugs!

Unknown said...

What wonderful goodies you found, Debbie!
I never knew stitch markers could be so beautiful. I usually just use a safety pin. Oh yes, that's going to change now! :-)
xo.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think you've got some great goodies here Debbie ...

All the best Jan

MarmePurl said...

Great haul.

Sue (this n that) said...

Loved seeing your treasures - the felted bag and the 3D sheep would be my favourites :D) xx

Ida said...

You really bought some cute items.