Monday, March 14, 2016

How Do You Devil Your Eggs??

Easter's coming and there are going to be a lot of hard boiled eggs in the house.
What to do with them after Easter is always a no brainer for me.

There are hundreds of ways to prepare Deviled Eggs.
Google it, scroll Pinterest...the ideas are endless.

I made them the other day and my recipe is very simple, in fact, it's not really a recipe at all,
as I don't measure anything.
I feel pretty important when I add a pinch of this and a scoop of that...
I feel a bit like Rachel Ray in the kitchen.
I'm a rock and roller when cooking...
the tunes are loud and there is a little bit of moving and shaking.


So here it is, my secret recipe for deviling eggs.

Cover desired number of eggs with cold water and bring water to a boil.
Off with the heat, put a lid on it and set the timer for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, they will be cooked perfectly.
Rinse with cold water...
Peel, halve, scoop out the yolks and mix with your desired amount of mayonnaise.
Add a small dash of brown mustard and fresh crumbled bacon.
Mix well.
I just scoop the mixture back into the whites and 
top with additional crumbled bacon.

I only cooked 3 eggs because it's just the two of us, and they taste best the day they are prepared.
I don't like them left over.

So how do you devil your eggs?? Do you enjoy these bad boys??

Sharing with

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Debbie - these look absolutely delicious.
If I was in your house my plate would now be empty.
Yum!

Have a great Monday - whatever happened to the weekend?
It zoomed by, but we did enjoy some lovely sunshine ...

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love Deviled Eggs. Especially when someone else makes them, lol. My hubby will make them, I make egg salad. I can picture you rock and rolling in the kitchen with the music blaring. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Nancy Chan said...

The eggs look very tasty and easy to make with simple steps. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Sharon M said...

I've never made them, but I'll be happy to eat all of those.

Changes in the wind said...

Love to eat them...hate to make them:)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ohhhhh

deviled eggs. Makes me hungry...love it with jalepeno juice

Sally said...

Love deviled eggs. In fact, now that I've seen yours I'm going to make some.
I don't measure anything either, and ours are mostly mayo, tad of mustard and
sweet relish. :)
xoxo

Brian King said...

Actually, I don't do it, but I love me some deviled eggs done by those who do!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I love deviled eggs. But I have to admit--I've never made any. *hangs head in shame*

LeAnn said...

Yes, indeed I do love deviled eggs. Your recipe sounds yummy and is pretty much the same as mine. Sometimes, I like a little bit of onion salt in mine; but only a little. Yup! It is Easter time soon. I am looking forward to a touch of Easter decorating.
Thanks dear friend for your comments back; you have such a fun personality and I continue to enjoy our friendship.
Blessings for you!

Judy said...

I do my eggs the same way--only I boil them for 2 minutes, then covered off the heat for 15.
My filling is just like yours.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for your secret recipe Debbie. I love Deviled Eggs :)

Gail said...

Depends on the makings I have in the fridge. They're different every time.

Breathtaking said...

Good morning Debbie! Those Deviled Eggs do look delicious,... I'm on a low cal diet at the moment, cos of high cholesrerol, more's the pity because I love them. Thank you Debby for taking the time to send the info about the Black Swallow-tail. An amazing outcome!

TexWisGirl said...

looks good!

Conniecrafter said...

anymore we only have deviled eggs on Holidays, makes the meal that extra special I think, yep I use mayo and mustard and then sprinkle with paprika on top, gives it a pretty look, hadn't heard of doing bacon, that sounds interesting, may have to surprise Greg with that on Easter this year :)

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Yummy! Your deviled eggs look wonderful! Whenever there's a party, my sister is usually in charge of making the DE's. I'm not sure what recipe she goes by, but there's NEVER any leftovers!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Just like yours only never have added bacon. But I'm going to now... We do a lot of finger food /heavy appetizer potlucks here ...deviled eggs are always popular (duh). And the bacon would be the perfect addition. They'll go fast!