Thursday, October 3, 2024

It's A Wrap

 Completed...Done...Concluded...Ended...Accomplished...Finalized

Did you guess it, I have finished my sweater!

I started this sweater on January 17th of this year and finished it on October 1st.
I have never knit a sweater before and I am not really sure I would again.
The body of the sweater was super easy, knitting only, with one small do-dad in the center, simple.
But when it came to the neck, I felt like the pattern was written in French...
and you have to do it twice, once for the front and then the back!
I had a private lesson with Leanne and she showed me how to start a sleeve, not too difficult,
and I was able to start the second one by myself.
It takes a village...Leanne, Mandy and Youtube thank you so much for helping me at every turn,
and answering all of my text messages.

So that was a lot, let's get to the good stuff, pictures...

This is The Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry
It is very boxy and oh so comfortable...this is really the only kind of sweater I would wear.

This shows the little stitch detail down the center, this detail is on the front and back.

This is the cuff detail, this picture shows the true color of the sweater.


I knitted these pumpkins last year, I got the kits at the sheep and wool festival in Rhinebeck.
The leaves I knit 4 or 5 years ago.


This whole "let's knit a sweater" thing started with my girls trip to Rhinebeck.
We rent a house, go to the festival, stay for the weekend and knit.
Tradition is, when you go to the festival, you have to wear a sweater that you knit or crocheted. 
I really wanted to be a part of that, and so it began...
I started in January so I would be sure to have it done well in advance.
But it came down to the wire, the festival is October 19th and 20.
Still I got it done, I have a sweater to wear and I am doing the happy dance.

This is the logo for the festival, designed by my knitting teacher and dear friend Leanne.
She won over 100's of entries, this logo will appear on all of the merchandise...
bags, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pins and lots more.


7 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

I'm a VERY PROUD knitting teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you wearing your sweater at Rhinebeck. I'm going to tell everyone, "This is my friend, I taught her to knit, and SHE made her sweater!!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Your sweater looks good Debbie, well done.
I like the logo festival design ... have a great time on the 19th and 20th October.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It is amazing!!! I am so proud of you. You rock!! I cannot wait to wear out swesters in Rhinebeck!

Linda said...

Congratulations! I don’t think I’d have the patience to do a whole sweater.

Debbie said...

hahahahahaha!!!!!!! i will allow it!!! (only you and i get this!!)

BeachGypsy said...

Your sweater is gorgeous Debbie!!--- well worth the time! Can't wait to see a picture of you wearing it. Cute " punkins" too!

BeachGypsy said...

PS.....your post yesterday......wow, I love that pink moon picture!