Monday, September 9, 2024

As The Storm Came In

The air changed...
First you could feel it, the air was moist, then you could see it, daytime became night.

We were up on the boardwalk, as we left, this was the view from the street corner.
It was so dark overhead, so moody...
We decided to drive to the inlet, only one half mile away and see how things looked there.


This was the view...
Only 2 fishermen were left, neither seemed bothered by the sky.


The storm was the perfect twirl of black and white ribbons.




It wrapped around the shoreline and was headed out to sea.

Only a few huge raindrops hit the car as we drove away.
I am not sure what actual rain the area received from this very ominous sky,
I am so happy to have captured it!

8 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

Amazing pictures!

Linda said...

I love this!!! What a beautiful storm cloud! And YOU captured it!!

Marie Smith said...

Such a dramatic sky. Beautiful captures!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, a lot of rain in those skies. Great shots Debbie!

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! That is such an ominous sky. It would unnerve me.

Rian said...

There is something captivating about stormy skies...

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is outstanding, those are some cool clouds, I bet it was something in person, so surprising you only had a couple rain drops out of it. I like how nothing was going to stop the guys fishing :)

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Fantastic photos. I can't take my eyes off them!
Have a nice weekend. Greetings from far away Poland.