Friday, July 14, 2023

Inspiration & Creativity

Whenever I need inspiration, I spend a few minutes on Pinterest...
which not only inspires me, it fills me with new ideas and joy.
Since it's summer, I thought we could start off with a few fresh, easy, salads and meals...
who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when it's so hot outside 
and here in New Jersey, it is very humid as well.

This first salad is delicious...



These next 2 items require the oven,
 but each would go great with a cold salad.

Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry Tarts
I would use store bought Puff Pastry...
it works beautifully and saves time.


Look at this pretty bedroom
I'm not sure I could sleep here,
I would want to stay up all night and look at it.



These trees can easily be made with leftover yarn,
then framed.
No directions are needed.


Look how pretty these two knitted items are...




13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The food all looks delicious, I want to try the BLT salad. Looks yummy!
The bedroom look pretty, calm and zen like. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

Such a lovely diversion. I never visit Pinterest but it looks like I should.

Leanne Coppola said...

The recipes look delicious! I'm going try some of them. And love everything else you shared. So you, (and a few me!) Miss you xoxoxox

Sandi said...

The food looks delicious! Love the book saying at the end.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the crochet baskets...and that beautiful white bedroom. I like the books quote too. I'm reading and staying inside most days because of the heat. Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

The avocado tomatoes mozzarella basil pesto salad caught my eye ...
It looks so colourful and delicious.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Such great salad ideas and I think I will be making one for tonight's dinner. It's WAY too hot to cook anything although I am soaking a big pot of pinto beans to cook overnight with a big meaty ham bone in it!

Ida said...

OMG that food looks so delicious! I love good salads. - Lots of neat stuff here, the yarn trees were cute.

DeniseinVA said...

Incredible yummy food Debbie and all the other photos are delightful! Have a great weekend!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Hmmmm, if I had to rely on Pinterest for inspiration I would probably starve. I have a hard time trying new things. I might try that potato thing but other than that, no thanks.

Susie said...

Yummy Debbie, what a great post. I like the spaghetti dish. Those cute framed trees, I love them. The spools, that sweater...adorable. Try to keep cool. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Conniecrafter said...

That room is beautiful for sure, reminds me you never posted your finished area you did. I think you mentioned you were still waiting on your sofa.
I love the upcycle spools too, I have a couple vintage ones that are big!
Oh I can see you doing the embroidery on your knitted beauties.
Hope you have a great weekend!

Latane Barton said...

I'll take some of that puff pastry potato tart, please! It looks so good and I do love potatoes.... in any dish!