Thursday, July 27, 2023

A Different Perspective...

I snuck down to the beach a few nights ago...
I needed to see the blue ocean water, hear the crash of the waves, smell the salt air, 
and feel the sand between my toes.
It is an experience like no other and it brings me instant happiness.
We don't usually visit at dusk, we visit either during the day, or at night to see the fireworks.
This was a different experience.
I am sure you are hoping I took some pictures, guess what, I did!

Isn't this sweet, hanging on the snow fence?


Dusk is a beautiful time to visit the beach, it had cooled off after an extremely hot day.

This dog was running around having a ball.
Dogs are not allowed on this beach, especially off leash.


We went to Howe Street Beach in Bayhead.
It is my favorite beach and it always has surprise decorations for each holiday.



The homes in the area are beautiful, mansion size.

There goes my sweetie to get the car, you are not allowed to park by the beach.


This is the "Lighthouse House"

I have only seen it before during the daytime,
it's spectacular at night and you can really see the lighthouse
when it is lit up!

I hope to get back to regular blogging, we will see how things go...

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Love the photos of the beach and the shell decorations.
The Lighthouse house is beautiful.
Take care, have a great day!

Sandi said...

😍

Marie Smith said...

I love the results of your sunset excursion. I hope you felt rejuvenated too! Gorgeous!

Leanne Coppola said...

Chase has football practice every night 5:30 - 8 so I've been running up to the beach during that time. I was there last night and it was actually chilly! I love being there "after-hours". Less people, still so pretty.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Love the different perspective that dusk brought. It reminded me of when we lived on the lake and all the tourists went home after a busy weekend, leaving everything quiet and peaceful. I definite contrast to the craziness of the day.

Changes in the wind said...

Just beautiful!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh we love the beach at sunset, there is no better time, other than maybe sunrise :) Glad you were able to get away and enjoy some happiness.
I love the garland of shells, I have a little collection, might have to do this with them :) Love the shells and flags they make with them.
The light house is gorgeous all lit up for sure, glad you were able to have a new experience :)
Take care and Hugs

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Beautiful photos from an evening walk.
The "Lighthouse" looks sly.
Thank you so much for letting me see it.

Hugs and greetings from sunny, distant Poland.

Rian said...

I agree that sunset and sunrise are the best times to be on the beach. When we were in Oahu, that's when we would go down to the beach with our coffee. It was heaven... the sound and scents and breeze from the ocean.
And I too love that lighthouse house. I've always loved cupolas... and that looks like one... cupolas and widow's walks.

BeachGypsy said...

so glad to see you posted, Debbie! Love the pictures and the way they decorate the beach there with the pretty painted shells. You got some great night photos here!

Veronica Lee said...

I enjoyed the lovely photos from your walk.
The lighthouse is beautiful.
I especially loved the shell decorations.


Hugs and blessings, Debbie

Brian King said...

Beautiful! As humid as it's been, I'd love to have a beach nearby. The lighthouse is fantastic at night!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs from your evening visit.

Take care, sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

21 Wits said...

I thank you for taking those photos too, because everything you went in search of we love too, and I am a huge lighthouse fan and I should have a house with a look-a-like lighthouse too. How cool is that?!