Monday, July 24, 2017

Peter Pan

quaint, "antique", close to home, a broadway show, far from broadway, 
this theater is really incredible.
We have never visited this theater before and I am not so sure why.
The performance was outstanding, as good, if not better, 
than anything I have ever seen on Broadway. 
It was Peter Pan, the Disney story we all know and cherish, it is one of my favorites.
The singing, the performances, the costumes and sets all outstanding. 

It's an old building, been in town forever.





No pictures were allowed, these last two were pictures of the curtain, which were allowed.
I'll keep an eye on there upcoming shows, we will definitely be going back.

July 21, 2017

p.s., it was so good to get out!!

17 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Theatre can be such a wonderful experience. What a great discovery!

baili said...

Marvellous place.
Eighter I never visited the theatre.
Actually we don't have one in our city except an open air theatre where social events are arranged

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a great find. Peter Pan is a great story. I am glad you got out too. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

that sounds like a delight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luna crone

Adam said...

I haven't seen any play or musical in a long time

Farm Girl said...

What fun!! It is always nice to get out. I need to try it again soon. ;)

Judy said...

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, not me!!!!!!!

21 Wits said...

How wonderful! I'd go see this too!

Christine said...

A timeless show! Glad you enjoyed it so much!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what fun. i have always loved Peter Pan ... he is one of my faves. when i wrote my blog post today ... i thought of you. how you love staying young at heart and all. have a great week, Debbie. ( ;

Sally said...

So glad y'all have a fun time; I love Peter Pan also! The only Broadway show I've seen (and, it was off Broadway if that counts lol) was Grease and I fell in love. :)

xoxo

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show!

Brian King said...

I bet that was fun!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love live theater, especially musicals. (Tho we don't go nearly often enough.). Did Peter fly? I remember seeing that here in Eugene , we had first row second balcony and he (it was an actress really playing the part) flew on wires just past our heads and then back down...it was so cool. The program said the special wires were a big deal to get permission to use . I'm glad you went and glad you enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed this, Debbie.
I love Peter Pan too!
xo.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that's neat there is a theater close that is as good and you don't have to deal with the New York traffic to see it.

Pam said...

Saw a Peter Pan play with Peggy Fleming as Peter many years ago..I loved it.