The hubs and I have not been to the movies in several years.
We use to go all the time, but the quality of movies has declined
and nothing lately has appealed to us.
I really like Mark Wahlberg and I had seen several commercials for
The movie appeared to be well done,
but I was not sure I wanted to support a movie about terrorism.
I watched the trailer for the movie several times,
and we made the decision to go.
The movie was awesome, I learned so much about that terrible event,
and everything was presented tastefully.
I really enjoyed the dedications at the end, all were beautifully illustrated.
Now here's a little "theater" info.
This theater is new -
- You no longer get "tickets", you get these tiny stubs of paper.
- You have to pick out your seat before you go in the theater.
- This brand new theater had stadium seating, amazing, cushy seats that recline.
- The seats had cup holders that actually hold your cup without spilling it.
- Wednesday is senior citizen day -
this fact was quite touchy.
If you look at our tickets they say "1 SN DIS" $ 8.50
That stands for "1 Senior Discount" - WHAT!?
I asked the young boy,
who looked to be about 10, how old you had to be to receive the discount?
"60" - he replied
My voice trembled as I asked the next question -
"Do you think I'm 60"??
He said "NO, I just give it to everyone"!
That was the right answer - because as much as I wanted that discount,
I was not going to say I was 60!
And can you believe a discounted ticket to a movie is $ 8.50??
geeeeeeez - maybe I am 60!