Monday, August 29, 2016

Darby Smart

Do you remember my monthly subscription to 
Darby Smart is a subscription in which once per month 
you receive a craft kit, all supplies and directions are provided.
I cancelled it not because I didn't love it,
but because life became too busy and I had 4 kits sitting, that I was not able to get to.
This winter, when I have more time, I plan to resubscribe!
July 14th was a particularly hot day and I had a little time to kill,
so I pulled out one of the kits and enjoyed some crafty time.

This kit included 2 black canvases to make 
Two Metallic Abstract Wall Pieces

The instructions are found on line...these are the suggested abstract patterns,

I choose a sun and the ocean for mine and this was super easy.

Here it is all finished up...
this is not really my thing, not something I would hang in my house, I don't think...
but it was a different medium and fun to learn.

I have one additional canvas, I am giving a little thought to what I want to do with this one.

Darby Smart, fun crafts, delivered right to your door, all supplies are included!

21 comments:

Bethany Carson said...

I like yours better than the suggested patterns! I can tell what it is (unlike abstract art)! :D Nice work!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i have never heard of this brand. neat, fun & so entertaining i bet. hope you are well this week, Debbie. going to check out your sunflowers, i love them so. take care! ( ;

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the crafts kits seem like fun. I am not that crafty or artsy. I think you are creative. Have fun with the artwork.

Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Changes in the wind said...

Too fun....

Farm Girl said...

How fun!! I love learning new things like that. I wonder what is in the other boxes. ;)
But like you, just not enough time right now to do it.
You are always so nice and busy Debbie! Have a nice week.

Bev said...

sounds so interesting and fun if you are crafty!!! ... we use to do crafts my daughters with the grands when they were young.... I'm horrid at crafts... I just did a fall wreath....and my daughter laughed for 5 mins at it.... :)))...I was going to do a post about it but guess I won't:)))

Lowcarb team member said...

... I wonder what you may do with your other canvas? Have fun whatever design you may choose!

I thought you did well with the sun and ocean theme.

All the best Jan

Sally said...

I do remember, Debbie! You did an awesome job with that one. :)

xoxo

Unknown said...

Fantastic job on this one, Debbie, and I look forward to see what you will do with the second canvas!
Have a wonderful week, my friend. xo.

TexWisGirl said...

i know you don't like abstract art, but you did well.

Michelle said...

I like the way it turned out!

The Furry Gnome said...

Interesting little art piece.

Ashley said...

That looks like such a wonderful art kit!
How fun!

I love your blog...it was a joy to visit! :)

Ashley

LeAnn said...

You are amazing! I love how you love to create and do crafty things. This was a unique one and if I wasn't on a mission it might be exactly the thing to do to help me be more crafty. Thanks for this one and hugs for you!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

it islovely to try new things and I thing your is lovely

Anonymous said...

I like your design. I'm not familiar with this program, have to check it out.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Gosh they look like fun. I like your design, happy crafting :)

21 Wits said...

I do remember and this is entirely cool! I've been thinking about adding something like this to my life. You just never know without trying things, and stumble on to something you'd never think you could do!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a brilliant idea! It sure would inspire and bring on new projects.

Conniecrafter said...

I love what you came up with for yours, I can see doing a sunflower on the other one, that would be pretty with that... always fun to try out a new craft, even if it isn't something you would hang in your house

Ida said...

I'm not a huge fan of abstract but I do like the design you came up with and the colors are so pretty.