Wednesday, October 27, 2021

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

 I have started to think about Christmas...how to make Christmas fun this year!
We missed out last year...
I missed the cookie bake, the visit with Santa and the big meal with family on Christmas Day.
This year will be different and I want to appreciate all of the little and big things I missed last year.
With a little planning and forward thinking, I know I can make the holiday fun for everyone.

I started shopping, for my little nieces and nephews.
I only buy gifts for the young ones, the adults in our family do not exchange gifts.
I got a lot done in a cute little toy store a few towns over from us...
and I have knitted a few hats for those who need new ones.

We went to Cracker Barrel a few days ago 
and I just had to share pictures of this "nature tree" with you.







This tree was stunning and it really struck a cord with me.
I would love to load it up, as is, and take it home with me!

- the best gifts in life will never be found under the christmas tree -
- those gifts are friends, family, kids, and the one you love -

15 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the owls! I may stop in at Cracker Barrel next time I'm in that area. They do have some of the prettiest things. Enjoy your day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, Those Snowy Owls are beautiful. I haven't given Christmas much thought, but it's fast approaching, so perhaps I should. The shops are all decorated with Christmas Trimmings, but my heart isn't really in it to be honest.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Christmas is fast approaching. The snow owls are lovely.
Greetings from autumn Poland.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful tree. I am seeing advertisements for Christmas decorations and that makes me excited. I love Christmas.

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh no, not already!

LeAnn said...

I love the nature tree, of course, It is so beautiful. You are way ahead of me with Christmas. We have such a large posterity that I mainly do gift cards now. I would love to make some things. There was a day when, one year I tied quilts for all my grandchildren, now I have way to many. I do look forward to our family Christmas Party. We have the younger children dress up in Nativity costumes and we have a dinner. Not all can come, but a fair amount do. I guess I better get busy planning too. Blessings and hugs!

Rian said...

Hi Debbie, I've been thinking about Christmas too. Haven't done anything... just thinking. We only give the grandchildren too. The adults don't exchange gifts any more. My daughter has at least 8 Christmas trees in her house. I think at least one has either birds or woodland animals.

Love Affair with Food said...

Such beautiful tree. Thanks.

Black Knight said...

I love the Christmas time, it is a special atmosphere.
A very beautiful tree.

eileeninmd said...

I love the owls, they are pretty ornaments. I bought a few presents for my grandson.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Linda said...

I love the decorating at Cracker Barrel! They really know how to do it!

Ruth S said...

Where is the Cracker Barrel? Is that the one in South Jersey?

Conniecrafter said...

Hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas this year. That tree is gorgeous, I bet they just love using all those goodies they get to decorate the trees :)
Love the quote at the end too, just missing the best gift of all, Jesus!

Debbie said...

this one is in hamilton twp. about 1/2 hour south. it's a nice easy ride and now is a great time to go as the fall foliage is beautiful!!!

Brian King said...

Beautiful! Christmas is my favorite, but I can't believe it's already that time again.