Monday, November 12, 2018

Bohemian Rhapsody!

We finally got to the movies on Sunday to see
 Bohemian Rhapsody
It was excellent,
especially if you were / are a Queen fan.
Me, not as much as the hubs, 
but I enjoyed the story and the music brought back some memories.
The actor who played Freddie Mercury was beyond talented.

The poster outside the theater.


The theater was crowded,
more crowded than any other time we have gone.

The hubs made this cake "refrigerator cake" in the morning...
it was a really nice treat to come home to.
Have you ever made this log cake, with nabisco chocolate wafer cookies?
It's so simple and so delicious.
I have been enjoying this cake since I was a child.
 My Aunt Dot made it on holidays and it was always a special treat!
If you have never made it, you can find the description and recipe here.

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, not sure if my hubby would enjoy that movie. Your cake looks delicious, YUM! Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Karen Lakis said...

That cake looks good - I've never even heard of it (I might need to get out more...). I haven't been to the movies in a long time- this one sounds good.

Terra said...

I want to see that movie and I love that recipe, my mother used to make that. I think I will try it for Thanksgiving.

Sally said...

So glad you were able to see the movie.

I had no idea your Chuck could cook; that's a beautiful cake. I may have to
make it sometime. If it turns out good, I'll tell you. If not, I won't. :)

xoxo

Lori said...

I loved Bohemian Rhapsody - we went last weekend! What a fun icecream cake!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you enjoyed the movie.
The cake looks very nice.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

I loved the music too!

LeAnn said...

I do love a good movie. I am happy you were able to go to this one. I am not sure if it is playing in our area. The cake looked yummy; thanks for the recipe.
Blessings and hugs!

Sue (this n that) said...

Great to get your thoughts on that movie Debbie :D)
What a pretty cake... its a work of art just sitting on the plate!

21 Wits said...

I'm of fan! Also a believer in a slice of that cake! Yummy.

DeniseinVA said...

My son and daughter-in-law went to see this movie a couple of days ago. They enjoyed it and loved the music. Your refrigerator cake hubby made looks delicious. What a nice treat to come home to.