Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Yarn Along

Sunday, I invited my knitting girlfriends over for an afternoon of fun.
Lunch, swimming, corn hole in the pool and knitting, 
- in that order -
What can I say, we love to eat...almost as much as we love to knit!

I feel like I have known these girls for decades.
Who knew, Leanne, the girl that taught me to knit, would become such a good friend.
That experience of learning to knit, 
Arrow Acres Farm, and this family, are a big part of my life now.

Several friends from the group were missing, but we still had a super fun time.

Most of the action took place here...
if you need a game for your pool, the corn hole floating in the pool is awesome,
and it just happens to be on sale right now.

Leanne on the right, her sister Liz on the left.
Liz crochets and spins fiber into yarn.

This is their mom Dee.
 Dee and her husband Don own the Alpaca Farm where I learned to knit.

Robin
Robin was in my first knitting class and she is an amazing knitter.
Her talents far surpass mine, she knits as well as Leanne.


I worked on my leaves, 
you can see one on the table.
I was having trouble and Leanne got me back on track.

Learning to knit...
one of the best things I have ever done.

19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I love it when a solitary hobby, like knitting or reading, gets social!

Sandi said...

YOUR POOL IS BEAUTIFUL!

I'm sorry for shouting, but...wooo. And a view of water beyond it. Fabulous!

Also...alpacas and knitting... :) I love alpacas.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is beautiful outside and I know everyone enjoyed the pool! It's so much better to have someone show you when you need help in knitting. I taught myself and never learned properly. I wasn't a very good teacher! hahaha! Hugs!

Debbie said...

thank you sandi, the pool IS lovely...and to think we almost filled it in. we have gotten so much pleasure from it this year!!

Changes in the wind said...

Who wouldn't love to go to your place, it is beautiful. Am sure it was a wonderful time.

Leanne Coppola said...

Such a fun day!!!!!! I'm so happy we got to swim in the pool and knit together. I AM SO LUCKY that you learned to knit and I got to be your teacher :) Knitting has brought so many wonderful people into my life.

21 Wits said...

I was going to say with that lovely pool "yarn along" would have to wait just a wee little bit! Looks like a lot of fun for all!

Sally said...

I'm glad you and your friends had a nice time together!

Such beautiful weather!~ :)

xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a fun time together …

All the best Jan

Stephanie said...

Oh Debbie, what fun all of you must have had! I wish I could have joined the party :) Hugs to you!

Linda said...

Wow! Your pool and back yard is a perfect place to entertain all your creative friends.

LeAnn said...

There is nothing like a good delightful day with wonderful friends. I loved this fun activity and all of the awesome photos of your friends. I loved seeing them all knitting away. I can’t imagine anyone that knits better than you. I think your work looks perfect.
Your pool area is so lovely.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Looks like fun Debbie

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie I am so glad you have this fun skill that takes you places and brings you wonderful friends too! Love the pictures, looks like a picture perfect day with great companionship and talk, food, weather, scenery and the gorgeous pool! if we had that pool in our yard I would never GET ANYTHING DONE because I would be in it all day long! LOL Wow, it's almost the weekend, are y'all going anywhere? We haven't made any plans yet

MarmePurl said...

Me too!

MarmePurl said...

The Best of everything!
{I am so glad you learned to knit too}

Sandi said...

"...we almost filled it in."

??? 😲


Conniecrafter said...

there is nothing better than spending time with other women that love doing the same things that you do, looks like you picked a perfect day for hanging around the pool :)

Angie said...

How exciting to have a group of friends that like to gather AND to craft! I am hoping to start a group this fall (once the weather gets cooler and we are looking for things to do inside). I have lots of friends, but many of them do not craft, so there will have to be some teaching!!!