Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Life's A Garden...Dig It!!

I have been digging in the dirt, "not" getting my hands dirty.

You read that right folks, for the first time in my life...
I found a pair of gardening gloves that really work.
Here they are, after a full days work, I rinsed them off, and they look just like new.
They are so comfortable and they kept my hands clean and dry for an entire day of dirt digging!!
And they looked beautiful doing it!

These plant markers are a favorite also.
They are from last year and after just rinsing them off, they look brandy new!

So this is it, I present to you...
Debbie's Vegetable Garden
Everything I planted indoors in early Spring,

has been transplanted and is now living happily outdoors!
Cuc's on the left, Tomatoes on the right.
I will probably have to transplant the tomatoes, I ran out of large pots!!

Furthest left, Eggplant, the next two are Tomatoes.
I know it's a small garden, but for me, it is just right, manageable and easy to water, keeping it fun.

I am working on this colorful arrangement for out front,
but doesn't it look pretty right here on the back deck?

I have two more burlap bags to fill and hang on the fence.

I put Dill in this one and the other two will have Basil and Parsley.

I worked in the front garden as well.

Right now I am cleaning up the front, center garden,
rubber banding all of the daffodil tops, so I, the hubs, can plant the rest of the Vinca's.
If you have never done this, it is a great way to let the daffodils die off naturally, as they should
and still keep the garden tidy.

That's all for today folks, I will be sharing lots of gardening images over the next few days
as both the hubs and I have been busy, busy, busy!!

So what about you guys, how does your garden grow??!!

18 comments:

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Lindo os arranjos florais bem como o magnifico jardim, gostei.
Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

Debbie said...

translated: Beautiful floral arrangements and the magnificent garden, liked. A hug and continuation of a good week .

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

yer still murderin' 'em...no natural death

*wink*

Changes in the wind said...

Love the dill bag:)

Farm Girl said...

Great idea about rubberbanding the bulbs. I never thought about that. Your garden looks fantastic on the deck. How does your things do in those burlap bags? Also, do cucumbers grow well on the trellis? I want to grow mine on a trellis and I would like that I think.
I also would like to try pumpkins. Your flowers looks so pretty just like that on the deck. Isn't being outside this time of year fantastic? I love seeing all the green at your house. It is just a feast for the eyes.

Sally said...

Oh goodness, everything looks so beautiful. You and hubs have such a lovely yard, pretty house, and both so smart. Will you come over and help me? I need it badly. LOL

Everything I put on the fence last years? Nothing grew! I guess trial and error really is a good teacher.

Have a wonderful day, Debbie.
xoxo

Cathy H. said...

Oh, you have such a lovely home, filled with bright spots of nature! Love the idea of the rubber bands. I've not heard of that!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, your veggie garden pots look great. I like your new gloves too. I assume you do not have squirrels there that like to dig into your new planted pots and tear out your plants? Everything looks great, you and the hubs are hard working gardeners.

Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Linda said...

I love it all!!! That dill bag may be my favorite! I am growing lots of herbs but I had not thought of bags!!! You really do have such great ideas!

Екатерина Балагурова said...

Thank you for the idea with daffodils, I'll add it to my garden arcenal =))
And your gardening gloves is a miracle!! Mine are always torn)

TexWisGirl said...

i like your container garden - easily accessible on your deck.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

You're a gal after my own heart - gardening on the deck! Looks like you will have some delicious salads soon! You have a beautiful home with lovely gardens. A good pair of gardening gloves is a necessity! I hate dirt under my nails :) xx K

Brian King said...

I love how you do your garden! What brand are the gloves, if you know?

The Furry Gnome said...

Great garden! Enjoying it is themeasure of success. Nice garden gloves too. Never seen rubber-banded Daffodils!

LeAnn said...

I don't know what kind of garden we will get to this year; but you are inspiring. I love your planters; so nice. The gloves are perfect and I love the color. I will enjoy following your planting and harvesting. Blessings and hugs~

Lowcarb team member said...

Well Debbie, I think your vegetable and flower garden look really nice. I love the purple coloured container!!!

I agree there are some great design garden gloves around and yours look very nice.

With daffodils we always used to tie them down using their own leaves, but your rubber banding does look very neat.

Hope the week is going well for you.

All the best Jan

Ida said...

You've been a busy lady. I wear garden gloves too as the soil sometimes bothers my skin. Your vegetable look like they are doing well. I liked the pretty potted flowers too.

Deepak said...

I am really happy to say it's an interesting post to read.I learn new info from your article..Keep it up
check over here
find here